Upset

Thread: Upset

DefaultUpset

A sister of a friend of ours has a black lab/husky mix. Charlie is a bit of a handful, but we had him out on the river with us once(without the owner) and he played really well with the other dogs and was much better behaved once he had run around a bit. His owner had always had him on a leash and her two young sons sort of terrorized Charlie, so he seemed a little bit not aggressive, but pissy all the time. I mentioned the day we had him on the river to her brother that if he got regular exercise I thought he would be a sweatheart and better behaved. My husband came home from work today and told me that Charlie was in quarentine for 10 days(I suppose he bit someone)and unless I knew someone that would take him, she is putting him to sleep on Wednesday. I am just sick..there is nothing wrong with that dog that a little attention, and exercise wouldn't cure, he's not even a year old yet-I'm just crying my eyes out for this dog. With both of us working I just don't think we could handle him right now, or I would take him myself. I'm actually pissed at my husband for even telling me about this, because he knows how I get about animals. Keep your fingers crossed for Charlie, I'm going to ask everyone I can think of(although who's going to take him now that he's bit someone?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kate is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Upset

where are you located?
    Aren't we comfortable!

We are in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Good luck...that just makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe folks...

And try not to be too hard on hubby...first maybe he said something because he knew you would try and find someone to take Charlie and you wouldn't want to hear about Charlie being pts and not have a chance to help I bet.

I really hope you can find a home for him. Good Luck...

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Oh man, see that's what I mean. There is nothing wrong with the dog, just something very wrong with the owners. grrrrr > Taking the easy way out. > > Keep us posted as to the out come.

Kate is offline Senior Member

I wish I was closer, although strangely enough I will be in Spring Green, WI on Wednesday working. I've been thinking of getting Misty a playmate but not sure that with work and all I can handle two big energetic dogs but your story breaks my heart. When you said Charlie is a handful did you just mean a "puppy". I also have two cats, has he been exposed to them?
    Aren't we comfortable!

Good luck! I hope and pray that Charlie finds his forever home.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

what a shame. I am so sorry.