Brigetta was afraid of my sister tonight...

Thread: Brigetta was afraid of my sister tonight...

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultBrigetta was afraid of my sister tonight...

My sister stopped by tonight and Brigetta acted as though she was afraid of her. She had her tail between her legs and was hiding behind my treadmill. She has never been like this with my sister. She is very timid around strangers, but since I adopted her she has been around my sister. We go over to her house quite a bit and Brigetta plays with her German Shepherd and my nieces. Brigetta sees her just about every weekend. Even when she tried to give her a biscuit she wouldn't take it...she would start to approach her and then back up. When she was leaving Brigetta followed her out the door, but when my sister turned around, she ran inside. The only thing I can think of was before my sister had come over we were out on a walk and there was a family walking and she got really scared. I walk her twice a day, take her with me as many places as I can, and have her in daycare once a week for socialization, but she is TERRIFIED on walks. I'm upset because it was someone she is around a lot. She has come such a long way. I just want her to be happy.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Brigetta was afraid of my sister tonight...

She most likely will get better with age-Apollo is still a little nut job when people(even people that come over often) come to the house. I've seen him hide in the bedroom facing the wall the whole day, while a friend of ours and his little girl were over. He has gotten better lately, and we have done nothing special really-I guess he has been on the river with us this summer when a lot of people are on the beach? I have noticed Apollo generally acts less like an idiot with people outside the house than when people come inside our house? I wish I knew what he's thinking sometimes. Hey did your sister maybe do something different-was she wearing a hat, have her hair up, wear glasses-than she normally does. I remember the first time I got out of the shower with a towel on my head Apollo wouldn't come near me.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I don't think she was wearing anything out of the ordinary. She did just come from doing some research at the library so maybe she had a different scent on her than Brigetta is used to.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rayofsun is offline Senior Member

We had a similar situation with my brother in law. He come over at least once a week. Raven loves everybody and gets so excited when people come over. Several different times she has been very fearful of him. But then there are in between times, she isn't scared. Not sure what the problem is, but funny thing, many of the times she was scared, he had on a plaid button down shirt. It sounds silly but he never wears that and we don't wear that kind of thing so maybe that was it. That's all we could figure out! Maybe is is just a phase or maybe something she was wearing or her perfume or something?