To Deer hunters thought I would share
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Deer hunters thought I would share

DefaultTo Deer hunters thought I would share

these pics of my husbands deer that he got last Dec. but we just got it back from the taxidermists. Our lab Boomer went crazy everytime he came in the room for about the first 3 days after it was hung up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: To Deer hunters thought I would share

I called my hub into the room to see your pics. He said "Whew, that's a NICE one" (knew he'd say it). He wonders where he got it (we're guessing midwest....IL?)

We have a caribou on a wall, and Tucker did the same thing...went nuts for a few days at the head and antlers. He still climbs up onto a sofa in that room and sniffs it when he's in there.

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

Nice. My hubby has one similar (I don't think it's as big) downstairs, and we chased Boomer around with it when we first got it. He was very concerned about it for quite some time. Sometimes he still looks at it like it's going to come down off the wall.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

budbud is offline Senior Member

Ours is in the closet right now we always tell Buddy to get the doggie in the closet then he just goes nuts barking at it BTW nice rack!!

My husband just got his deer mount back last week-Apollo barks and jumps at it every time we're downstairs.

Torturin' the poor dogs....chasing one with it, and the other in the closet ;D

Shouldn't admit it, but before hub put an antelope on the wall, he'd shake that head and bounce it on the floor toward Tucker....boy did he back up and bark! ;D

We are in Hutchinson, Kansas. He got it west of town. I am glad to know that my Boomer isn't the only dog to go nuts over a head on the wall.* *;D

Hub figured either IL or KS....they grow big out there

A friend just called hub...he's going to CO for elk, wants hub to go. But hub's an archer, his buddy's going with a gun, so hub's not going.

Nope, Boomer's not the only nut!

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

Hmm, this could quickly turn into a hunter's widows thread! My hubby is going after antelope in Wyoming in October...hoping for a new toy to chase Boomer with!

Antelope is hub's FAVORITE to hunt! They're the fastest animal in N. America, I think.

He has 2...got 'em outside Douglas WY. Both times was in a windmill. My hub has next-to-no patience :, but when hunting he has all the patience in the world....he shoots a recurve (no sights), and shoots no further than 20 yards, so he has to be very patient and quiet to get that close.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast