Darn bed chewer!!!!

Thread: Darn bed chewer!!!!

tootsiesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDarn bed chewer!!!!

I am at my wits end with these dogs and the chewing up of beds. To the point where they are just going to sleep in the mud room on the concrete. Tiller chewed his bed this past spring (or so I think it was Tiller) and I did not buy a new one. Wellllll he LIKES to sleep on the concrete when it is warmer out so I let him, but now he has calluses on his elbows! Sooooo I bought him a workout mat to sleep on. He chewed it to pieces. I just bought a new bed for him for winter......but I am to the point that if he chews that up I am DONE.

What do you do with your bed chewers? Have you just given up and not provided a bed anymore? They have a TON of toys to play with so I don't understand why the bed is so much fun to chew up....but it is begining to get expensive!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Darn bed chewer!!!!

Piper doesn't get a bed unless I'm right there. If I'm not around she gets bored and kills it* > I have stall mats in her crates for support and she hasn't bothered with those (they fit very snugly in the crate). You might also try a kuranda bed... http://www.kuranda.com/main/index.asp That will at least get him off the concrete.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

I only give Buck his bed when he goes to sleep at night. He sleeps in his crate. If I leave the bed in there during the rest of the time he tries to chew it up. So, when we aren't home and he is crated he just lays on the plastic bottom...which I think he prefers cuz he also pulls out the bed from his crate and then goes in there.

But at night he is fine with having the bed...
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Jake and Jazzy each have a bed in our bedroom. They are only there at night when we are in the room. Otherwise, they have the bare floor or carpeted floor in the rest of the house.

Brookville, Pa.

tootsiesmom is offline Senior Member

Well, they have their own room because Tootsie can't be trusted in the house and I canNOT sleep with that dog! She moves all night, licks her chops, and is just restless.......it keeps me up all night AND Hubby won't let the dogs upstairs.....hence they have their own room in the house. It does have carpet which they are STARTING to chew! I thought it was lack of exercise so I took them and the horse on a 3.5 mile hike yesterday! AND my boarders brought their dogs over to play last night. They had a TON of exercise and attention and STILL the bed was chewed

Ahhhhh, the one thing I HATE about Fall! I think Tiller is ready to hunt LOL

I'll have to check out horse mats! that may be a LOT less destructable than foam exercise mats LOL