silly question about kongs

Thread: silly question about kongs

Defaultsilly question about kongs

I bought axl a kong the other day since I have heard so many good things about them in here. Now my silly question, what exactly do I do with it, what do you put inside and how? I thought there may be some better guidance directions type thing that came with it but there really wasnt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: silly question about kongs

I'm assuming you bought the beehive shaped one?! If so, what I do is close the small hole by putting about 5 or 6 pieces of kibble in first. You can also close it with a small dab of peanut butter. Then I load in the goodies. I usually use bananas, applesauce, or plain yogurt., but really you can put anything in it that your dog will eat. Next I close the large hole w/ a spoonful of canned dog food. Peanut butter will also work for this. Finally, freeze it. It will take your dog longer to empty the contents that way.

Hope that helps.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Try the offical kong website...

www.kongcompany.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsMyGirl
    I'm assuming you bought the beehive shaped one?!* If so, what I do is close the small hole by putting about 5 or 6 pieces of kibble in first.* You can also close it with a small dab of peanut butter.* Then I load in the goodies.* I usually use bananas, applesauce, or plain yogurt., but really you can put anything in it that your dog will eat.* Next I close the large hole w/ a spoonful of canned dog food.* Peanut butter will also work for this.* Finally, freeze it.* It will take your dog longer to empty the contents that way.

Hope that helps.
    This is basically what I do too. I mix up bananas and plain yogurt, stuff the kong, seal it with peanut butter and freeze. My dogs love it!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence