Poor Molly doesn't feel well :( **UPDATE**
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor Molly doesn't feel well :( **UPDATE**

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultPoor Molly doesn't feel well :( **UPDATE**

**UPDATE**
    Got a urine sample (that was way easier then i thought), took it in and had it tested. Miss Molly has a UTI and she also had some blood in her urine (not visible to us) and high white cell counts. She has to take 2 pills of "Cephalexin" for 2 weeks, and then we have to take in another sample to be sure everything is all cleared up. Molly says thanks for all the get better wishes, she's laying on the couch looking pathetic right now, perhaps I'll go bother her with the camera

Yesterday she was squatting and peeing a lot in the yard (so says my mom, I wasn't home much). Then last night around 8pm Molly peed inside!! Didn't even squat just peed by the door in the kitchen

Then this morning she woke me up at 5:45am in squeeling in her crate like she was 8 weeks old again. I went downstairs, let her out and while I was unlocking the door she peed right in front of me!!! Didn't squat just stood, she also cried while she was going, and it smelled horrific. I let her outside and she peed some more, and when I checked her crate like I do every morning there were damp spots on her blankie.

I'm going to guess that she has an infection of some kind My poor baby. We're hopefully going to get her into the vet later today, does anybody know how to get a urine sample from a dog?!?!
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Poor Molly doesn't feel well :(

Poor girl. It sounds like a UTI.*

I remember when I had to collect a urine sample from one of my dogs. I just got a wide tupperware container (wide so I couldn't miss!) and placed it under dog. No problems.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Awww poor Molly I hope she will get an appointment at the vet today. Keep us posted, OK?!

And I can tell you to get a urine sample from a dog isn't easy, especially not a female dog :-\ I did it last fall to check up Emma's urine, and she wasn't that cooperative, she knew I was up to something and then I put the bowl under her she just walked away...then the vet gave me a wider bowl and eventually I got a little tiny urine sample

Good Luck Girl!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I found it pretty simple to do and I've done it several times. Here's what I did: I had a Gladware disposable type container that was probably 1" tall and 4 or 5" wide. I took Sami out on a leash and as soon as she squatted I slid the container under her from behind. The only way she even knew was by the sound of her urine hitting the container. That startled her a bit ... but by then I had enough for a sample. ;D If possible you might want to wipe her off BEFORE you take her out. It helps to get a better sample.

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

Poor baby! She must be so uncomfortable. I find a pie pan works great for slipping under a dog. I've had to do it a few times with Abby.

Keep us posted!

Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

Kathryn Guest

Poor Molly! I hope she feels better soon. Good luck on getting a urine sample.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Poor Molly...sending her a (((hug))). I hope she feels better soon!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Poor Molly! From the UTI's I've had, she has my sympathy! Hope you can get her started on antibiotics soon.......

Frances

Feel better Molly.

Hope Molly feels better really soon. Give her lots of kisses and hugs!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast