Sore front foot/leg... question...

Thread: Sore front foot/leg... question...

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

DefaultSore front foot/leg... question...

Six month old Payton has been "favoring" her right front leg off and on for the past week or so. It will be fine, and then she plays hard, runs hard and she comes home limping- to varying degrees. No obvious swelling. In the morning when she awakens, she is absolutley fine- no change in her gait. Today I tried to keep her from running hard, but she decided to do laps when off the leash in a nearby field, and then came up limping some. I know if I take her to the vet she will be fine, unless it was after exercise and obvioulsy I am trying to encourage her to rest up. Any one else experience this? Rest rest rest??? ( hard to do with a six month old bundle of energy.) Thanks, Vivian

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sore front foot/leg... question...

I know this sucks but you need to get her off her feet for at least a week. No running hard only going out to the bathroom and thats it. Its obvious that she has, right now, a minor injury, most likely a sprain. If you continue to allow her to play hard it could develop into something major. Obviously you can't go by what she is telling you because she comes home limping everytime. If she will allow you try and put an ice pack on the injury for 20 minutes 2 or 3 times a day for 48 hours and then alternate it with heat packs and ice packs for several days. After a week let her go back to playing gradually. Start back with short walks then long walks on leash so you can control her.
    Olie
    Olie

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sore front foot/leg... question...

Thank you for your answer.* She will be on a program of intense rest