Desperate (long) UPDATED WITH PICS --THANKS Sandy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperate (long) UPDATED WITH PICS --THANKS Sandy

dogmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDesperate (long) UPDATED WITH PICS --THANKS Sandy

I don't post much but I truly need some help.

I work with several rescue groups in our area, specifically Desert Lab Retriever Rescue. They are a great group that have absolutely been overwhelmed recently with dogs so there are no foster homes available right now. And of course I got a call from our local shelter about a big black Lab puppy that needed out of there asap because he broke with kennel cough. That same day he was adopted coincidentally by someone I casually know. I told her to call me with any questions or problems. Dear Lord, I had no idea what I had done.

This person called me at least 30-40 times over 2 weeks. Calls at 10:30 -11:00 at night, calls at 6am. First she thought the dog jumped the fence (immediately said he had to go if he was jumping, was not interested in solutions) but I figured out he was climbing out. Moved the stuff, he was content to stay in the yard. Then she called to say she was going to SHAVE him. Turns out, Labs shed, who knew!!!!!!! I read her the riot act, discussed brushing the dog. Next he pulled up a piece of grass in the yard, didn't dig a hole, just tugged a piece of grass out. She freaks out,"oh my god, what if he ruins the yard". Reiterated the need to provide the dog with toys, exercise, training, etc. These are things that I discussed at length with her PRIOR to her adopting the dog. In between the panic calls, she calls to tell me how perfect the dog is, how much they love him, how wonderful he is with the children. There are many other instances along the same lines but you get the drift. Then yesterday, the call. " I just can't do this, I am too worn out trying to deal with him, he has to go".

She ends up taking him back to the shelter, calls me and begs me to find him a home because she loves him soooooo much. I want to just punch her lights out. But I just love this dog so I am trying. I call the rescue and there is no foster home available. I have contacted every person I know who works in rescue and unfortunately there is no where for this guy to go.

If I weren't an idiot, I would post a picture of him but I just can't seem to get it posted.

Tank is an 11 month old neutered black male Lab. I think he is probably mixed with Newf ( I have a very soft spot in my heart for this type of mix). He weighs 85 pounds, has a beautiful plush (not long, no feathers) coat, is house trained, crate trained, sits, downs, stays, loves to play ball, if fine with other dogs after introducing them, adores kids and rides great in the car. He just needs a chance. I would be willing to take this dog anywhere in the Southwest or arrange for transport. Can anyone help Tank?

If I weren't an idiot, I would post a picture of him but I just can't seem to get it posted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Desperate (long)

bumping for ya!! I totally understand what you're feeling. I hope someone can offer some help!!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I hope someone can help this poor guy...he sounds like he will be a great dog for someone...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

modgirlreporter Guest

Poor puppy! That's sad. He was just being a Lab, for heaven's sake. Sounds like she wouldn't have put up with what Gigi puts US through for a day! I (jokingly) threaten to toss her out on her ear at least once a day but I wouldn't really do it, of course. I hope somebody will take the poor little guy and KEEP him this time.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh no. :'( Poor little guy! modgirl, I think of Angus and Simon too, and how much we've gone through with them. Why can't people understand it takes more than a week to raise a good dog? : Man. People have such short attention spans. Everything has to be RIGHT NOW!

I really hope you can find a home for this guy. He sounds awesome. Do you want to email me a picture and I can post it?

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

modgirlreporter Guest

Spme people don't want a DOG, they want a wind-up toy they can take out and play with when they feel like it and put away in the corner when they don't. Dogs dig and make messes and chew things and bark at inconvenient moments and get hair on the furniture. That's what they DO. You should've seen the mess we came home to TONIGHT. :

Is he listed on Petfinder? Posting the link may help, if his picture is up. Where is he now?

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

So sorry. Hope you can find this pup a home

Katy Guest

I'm so sorry this is happening, Nicki. This is NOT what you need right now. I so wish Jake and I could help. You've already blessed us with a big black beauty. Poor Tank.

bump.

Where is the dog located?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast