getting dog smell out of your house
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting dog smell out of your house

Defaultgetting dog smell out of your house

Just was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on how to eliminate the dog smell in your house. I have 2 yellow labs and when I walk in the door I can smell dog, lol.. I guess thats because I have 2 of them. I bought plug ins to try to help but it really doesnt work. Our oldest lab sidney is 9, but we just got Ruger he is 4 mos old. Any suggestions????? Gotta love those labs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: getting dog smell out of your house

we use febreeze stories thinggie and it works well! we have it run all the time, as long as someone remembers to press the play botton when it stops again lol

ThatsMyGirl Guest

If the dogs themselves smell I'd try the Listerine fast bath trick. It works like a charm. Just mix 50/50 Listerine (I use citrus flavor) and water in a spray bottle and spritz them. It doesn't take much ~ just a few squirts.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

They both have just gotten baths and they dont smell, but thats a great idea I will try that.
    Thanks alot

Just one other thing, nothing to do with the smell, lol. How do you get the pictures of your labs on here? I got the small one, but I would like to put the bigger one with both of my babies......

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

I use Arm & Hammer carpet powder (the kind for pet odor). Seems to work pretty well, although you have to use it at least once a week.

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sidneygirl
    Just one other thing, nothing to do with the smell, lol.* *How do you get the pictures of your labs on here?* I got the small one, but I would like to put the bigger one with both of my babies......
    Here's a link to Lindsay's great picture posting directions..............

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...ic,5094.0.html

To use one as your signature picture under your posts.......follow the same directions, and put the image tag in your profile in the signature box.

I use straight baking soda on the carpets and wash the walls with murphys oil soap. Once a month I use amonia and water with a rag and wash the areas where they lay the most.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

I spray enzyme cleaner on the berber carpet every other day or so, I wash the wood floors weekly and I vacuum, vacuum, vacuum............scented candles work too.
    I wash their bedding weekly.
    The best way to combat odor is dilgence.
    My problem is that my mom's senior dog Blue is here and he doesn't have the best bladder or poop control so I have to do double duty to keep the house smelling fresh and I am afraid I might be lsing the battle.

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

I've removed the carpets from every area of the house and have lots of windows open

Won't someone please feed me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast