Finally - pictures of my 3 new fosters girls
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally - pictures of my 3 new fosters girls

DefaultFinally - pictures of my 3 new fosters girls

These 3 girls are the sweetest most well behaved girls EVER!!!

Sara - aka Sarasota Sue.* Sara wandered up to a kennel* a few months ago during a thunderstorm and begged to be let in.* They took her in and tried to find her owners but when no one claimed her they asked us if we could help place her.* She's a sweet senior gal - probably at least 9 years old and sadly she's heartworm positive.* But she's spunky and full of energy and a real gem.* She LOVES to chase a tennis ball can give the rest of the gang a run for their money.* She's house-trained, crate trained, good with other dogs and a like I said - a real gem.* I couldn't sleep thinking of this sweet old gal sitting in a kennel so I brought her home until I can find her a foster home.

Princess Leah.* Leah is probably 2 or 3 years old. Like Sara, she is heartworm positive.* She heels as if she's been trained for obedience competition.* She's very agile and can probably leap as high as my shoulders on all 4 paws.* She's great with the other dogs but sometimes needs to be reminded that everyone doesn't want to wrestle with her.* She also LOVES children.* She was picked up by animal control wandering around - her owners didn't claim her and we couldn't leave her to be euthanized so she also came to our group.* We didn't have any open foster homes at the time so we boarded her at a vet with Lindsay (below) and 3 other females that we pulled that day.* Some of the girls started coughing and we had to move them from the vet's to a foster so I brought Leah and Lindsay home with me to recover.* They were supposed to go back to boarding once they recovered but they are so great and so easy that we decided to hang on to them as long as we could until a foster spot opens up.* Leah is also crate trained, house trained and she's one of those wonderful dogs that thinks that being with you is the best thing on earth.* She would rather lay outside the shower or at your bedside just to be near you than run and play with the other dogs.* Don't worry - she'll run and play with the best of them but she happiest at your side.

Lindsay Lou.* Lindsay was also picked up as a stray and is heartworm positive.* She is at least 5 or 6 yrs old and near perfection as far as dogs go.* She is house trained, crate trained, good with the dogs, good with kids ad the only negative thing I can say about her is that she needs some leash work.* She does seem a bit nervous when out on a leash - and doesn't seem to know where to go.* Take the leash off and she's calm and perfect.* We think she's been abused - because she is somewhat hand-shy.* But it could also just be trauma from her capture by animal control.* She doesn't like anyone reaching out toward her and she will duck away and lower her head.* All 3 of these girls can sit for hours at your feet and be very happy just being with you.*

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Finally - pictures of my 3 new fosters girls

I think I'm partial to Lindsay
    ~Lindsay

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

You made me cry with these beautiful girls and their histories! I love Sara, if I had lived in the states I would have taken her! Look how cute she and Emma would have been together! Keep us posted about them, OK!?
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh, they are beautiful!!!

Glad you have them in a safe environment. All 3 sound like they'd make a wonderful addition to any family. Bummer that all 3 are heartworm positive, I assume its pretty prevalent in your area.
    You have a big heart...those girls are lucky to have crossed paths with you

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

How many are you wrangling there now, Dina? Has David noticed yet???

Seamus and Flynn

You are a hero, ya know!! They are all three beautiful! Thank you for helping them!!

They are all breath taking and have such sad stories. Prayers they get a new start to homes with forever love.

Ahhhh, they are soo precious! You sure are a hero for taking them in!

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

They are all beautiful. They are so lucky to be in your home even if only temporarily.

Won't someone please feed me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast