Remember the bleeding pads?

Thread: Remember the bleeding pads?

DefaultRemember the bleeding pads?

I want to thank everyone for the advice that I received regarding Maddi's bleeding pads, for a few days she sported a hot pint pet wrap that had to be taken off and reaplied every time she got out of the cage, she enjoyed removing the pet wrap.

However, I was in Wal-Mart the other day (gripping to my Mother how the vet wants me to keep her caged) when I looked to the right and saw 3M Pet Care Liquid Bandage! OMG it has worked fabulous! It doesn't sting, it's waterproof, and its breathable and best of all it lasts 24 hours! Her pads have shown a great deal of improvement in the last three days!

Just thought I'd share this with you...it's a NEW item and a God send! Maddi was able to play with my Mom's lab for hours the other day and no bleeding!

(It costs a little over $7, not too bad!)

Cheers! ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rexduke Guest

DefaultRe: Remember the bleeding pads?

thanks for the info.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the update and the recommendation. Will surely have to get some.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a great find, and worth buying to have handy for emergencies.

I am glad to hear that Maddi is feeling better, and I hope that future tears can be avoided. I don't know if it has already been suggested, but have you tried Shaw's Paw wax on her paws? It keeps them supple and helps to prevent tearing. Jaida's paws tear really easily and it has helped to stave off tears, although she has still not been tear free.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Ooo good to know! I noticed the other week that Ender's pad was torn... like the top layer. Poor guy... I'm gonna have to keep a closer eye on that.
    ~Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatecoverdlab
    I am glad to hear that Maddi is feeling better, and I hope that future tears can be avoided. I don't know if it has already been suggested, but have you tried Shaw's Paw wax on her paws? It keeps them supple and helps to prevent tearing. Jaida's paws tear really easily and it has helped to stave off tears, although she has still not been tear free.
    Yes, I got some of the Shaws Paw wax and have been using it on the other pads however, the injury that she has now is from her previous owners. Since she has soft tissue damage in her front right paw she walks on her thumb. Do to this way of walking and left out on a farm with nothing but gravel she has completely severed her thumb pad and one of the outer pads. We have had her for three weeks now and have been trying everything so that we can take her outside to play or even for a walk.

But I love the paw wax, I tell her it's her spa treatment. The hard thing is putting it on while she does nothing but lick! ;D

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I'm glad Maddi is feeling better! Thanks for the info!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence