Okay okay more photos and a few stories
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Okay okay more photos and a few stories

WigWag Guest

DefaultOkay okay more photos and a few stories

http://www.wigwaglabradors.com/2006pa2.htm

Well the puppies sure keep me busy as do the other dogs and my two girls! Thankfully my husband took them both to my parent's beach house yesterday and today. The house is so quiet! I didn't know what to do with myself yesterday and I go so much accomplished that I actually could sit down in the afternoon.

Anyway pups and Toots are doing very well. Actually this is the best she has done and without having to go through at least 24 hours of labor has really helped her bounce back so quickly. She looks great too - she was HUGE those last two days.

The night before the pups were born I knew it was going to be the following day. She was restless and her eyes bugged out and she would pant and look at me like "This is it." She managed to sleep a little in the middle of the night but was up at 5:00 AM and was panting. Good timing Toots! Around 7:30 AM her water broke but she was still dancing around the kitchen for some of Mackenzie's toast - silly girl. Clint ran over and sniffed her and then trotted into the dining room and hopped in the whelping box and started to sniff around the blankets - he looked at me like "Well where are the little hamsters?" He then stuck close to Scout and would not leave her side following her and lying beside her while I got things ready. He had a worried look in his eye. When we were ready to head to the vet he squeezed out the door and galloped to the van and Chris had to physically drag him in the house after repeatedly calling to him to come back in.

Wigeon was very funny upon arriving home. She looked down at them with all her wrinkles falling and gave a few sniffs and went into a play bow wagging her tail like crazy. "Do you think they will play with you Widge???" I asked her and she barked at them. They will be up and barking back at her in no time.

Pansy the cat is fascinated. She loves our big dogs and I won't insult her by saying she thinks she is a dog, no I think she is convinced they are simply big slobbery cats. She likes to rub on them and lick their ears and play with their tails and legs. So these puppies are a good thing to her. She softly jumps into the whelping box and inspects a few and gives a gentle tap with her paw on a few tails and then will sit and watch them. She gave a few licks to get some milk from Toots but was quickly pushed out of the way the wriggling masses.

The big dogs go in and say hello in the morning - one by one they stick their heads in and give a wag. I think Cuffy knows just how much fun they are going to be in a few weeks. He smiles when he goes in.

Oh names are:
    Turner (yellow boy)
    Nemo (chunka!)
    Aladin
    Jimmy
    Carl
    Sheen (smallest - not by much but still the little guy)

Belle (porker all ready)
    Jasmine
    Cindi (squeaker all the time like somebody else whose puppy name was Chickie)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Okay okay more photos and a few stories

Awww!!! I love hearing about Clint. What a sweetheart!

So... Turner is the yellow boy huh? I'm calling dibs RIGHT NOW!!! ;D
    ~Lindsay

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

They are so cute! I love the stories about the rest of the household! Morgan is getting cuter every day!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Loved reading your stories!

Brookville, Pa.

WigWag Guest

Awww!!! I love hearing about Clint. What a sweetheart!

So... Turner is the yellow boy huh? I'm calling dibs RIGHT NOW!!!
    Turner will be living in MD with my brother and his family (two sons ages 9 and 6) and their 12 year old yellow boy Riley. They have been waiting for two years for this litter and wanted another yellow boy. When Turner came out LAST I said "That better be a boy!" He was. Was it fate?

Clint has been sleeping with me downstairs in the family room on the couch. Yeah that's right me and him on the couch. Even though our couch is big there is NOT enough room for me and a 95 lbs dog. He likes my soft blanket (you know those new ones that are like microsoft - oooooh I love them). Anyway he has a tempurpedic bed right next to me and a blanket on the loveseat but he insists on jumping on my legs and curling himself up. In the middle of the night I wake up curled in a ball and in PAIN and he's snoring away on his back. Chris came down the other night to try and get him to go to bed. He dragged him upstairs and he jumped on the bed and gave a big sigh then jumped off and hurumphed down the stairs. I could hear him padding across the kitchen and he came over the couch and laid his head on my chest and when I smiled that was his invitation - WUMP right up on me and the soft blanket.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

I just think it's wonderful that kitty is participating in all this without being rebuked or removed from the scene. That just makes me smile. A lot.

Seamus and Flynn

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

I'm still looking forward to pictures of Turner ;D

I know what you mean about the sleeping on the legs and waking up in pain... Ender is only 58 lbs and he does this now... can't imagine having 95 lbs!
    ~Lindsay

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

They are so sweet! Bellying up to the milk bar!

Does Clint still get to go out for his donut?
    Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

swimmer is offline Senior Member

Great story, Sharon. Glad you got so much done. The pics are great and mama looks tired but happy.

So Yellow Boy is coming to Maryland. Maybe I can have visitation rights. Please. ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast