Is it a full moon?? Duncan's my hero!!(a bit long)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it a full moon?? Duncan's my hero!!(a bit long)

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

DefaultIs it a full moon?? Duncan's my hero!!(a bit long)

Just came back from the wierdest walk ever!* As I do every evening (usually a bit earlier tho), I took all 3 of my boys out for a walk.* We have a routine route and sometimes I let them choose which streets to turn down so they can get a change of scenery.* Well tonight ALL THE WIERDOS were out.* Mind you, I live in what's considered to be a good and safe neighborhood, so walking at night is not really a concern.* I do carry my cell tho, because anything can happen anywhere.*

First, this guy starts walking alongside us, moves in front of us and suddenly stops, anyone who knows Duncan's story knows that this is not good.* He goes balistic barking and tying me up in his leash.* Jake sits waiting to be petted and Max is not quite sure what to make of this.* The guy was well dressed, with a briefcase, looked like he must've just gotten off the railroad returning from work.* My heart almost jumped out of my skin.* I manage to untangle myself w/out turning or taking my eyes off this jerk.* He looks at Jake and tells me he has a dog who could be his twin.* I can hardly hear him over Duncan's barking.* He asks what kind of dog...I tell him a Lab, he says "are you sure he's not a white shephard?" : He then goes to pet Jake and Duncan went absolutely balistic on this guy....Duncan, as if in slow motion, low to the ground moves forward and started growling...I have NEVER heard him growl before and certainly never expected him to move toward a stranger.* The guy finally turns and walks and then stops and turns again.* I told him the brown and black dogs bite and just grabed their leashes and walked past this guy realizing that his elevator was not stopping at every floor.

My hopes of continuing our walk uneventfully were squashed within one block when another doozy is in the middle of the street holding a loud conversation with the Lord, a parking garage attendent, and some others that I couldn't quite make out.* The only problem is that there was no one else around...just this guy, walking and stopping to talk about every 10 feet.* I just wanted to get home.* Of course Max just then decides to do a poopy, I tried dragging him before he started but he wasn't getting out of that squatting position for nothing.* I didn't even stop to clean it up (I always clean up), I just wanted to get away from this conversationalist.*

Next time someone asks what kind of dog your yellow lab is....tell them "a white shephard"!! LOL

Oh, and by the way...I did look to see if there was a full moon...couldn't even find the moon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dixies Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Is it a full moon?? Duncan's my hero!!(a bit long)

Glad you made it home safely!!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Good night! What a freak show! I'm glad you're OK!

Exactly why I do not mind if Angus gets a little testy with strangers. Crash would never have barked or growled at a person, under any circumstances. I rather like about Angus that he can appear to be a little protective at times.

Anyway, I think they have better instincts than us about who is dangerous and who is not. I say Good Duncan!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Good thinking! My dogs bite and they bite big!!! Glad you got home and didn't stop to carry on a conversation with the loon!!

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Glad you are home ok.

When one looney comes out it seems they all start to.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Anne is offline Senior Member

Good boy, Duncan! I guess I don't really know Duncan's story. (Maybe you can re-tell it sometime? ) But, I gather he comes from a pretty nasty situation. :-[

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Duncan, you're a good boy! Glad you made it home ok. When I walk, the worst I have to watch out for is snakes, skunks, groundhogs, and maybe on a rare occasion a bear!

Brookville, Pa.

curly is offline Senior Member

It's amazing that dogs can "see" things that humans can't..... seems like you boys were looking out for you!

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Good boy, Duncan!* * I guess I don't really know Duncan's story. (Maybe you can re-tell it sometime? )* But, I gather he comes from a pretty nasty situation.* *:-[*
    Yes Anne, he does. It's a long story but if you've ever heard of "The Suffolk Labs", he's one of them. He's my angel.

Glad you made it home ok and I agree when they come out they are out in herdes so watch out.

Mocha's very protective of me too when we're out walking if someone she dosn't like is close she goes nuts. I normally don't like it but then again maybe it's a good thing sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast