Staying in contact with your breeder?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staying in contact with your breeder?

Kathryn Guest

DefaultStaying in contact with your breeder?

How many of you do?

every month or 6 weeks I try to send some pictures along with an update of Dakota to Shawn and Stacy.
    Most of the time I get a get an email back, only once did I not. I know that I would like to have updates ever once in a while!

So what do you do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Staying in contact with your breeder?

I have been in contact every few weeks or so. She also emails us updates on the pups from the litter that she kept, and posts pictures from all of the other families online! ;D

My breeder and I are email junkies. LOL. We talk every day almost. Sometimes a few times a day if I check my email several times in that day. She gets worried about me if I get really busy and don't email her for a few days. She'll send me an email asking me if I am ok or what happened to me and I do the same. ;D I saw her at the LOC when Indi was 4 months and she has invited me up to a few bbq's but she is 5 hours from me and with two kids and two fur babies I didn't have the energy to go up that way. I will probably be seeing her in scarboro next month for Indi's first time in the ring. So we chat a lot about everything. LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh yes, I keep in touch with the breeder.* She just emailed me 2 days ago, in fact, 'cause she hadn't heard from me for a few weeks (we've both been busy).

She was always available by phone or email in the beginning with any questions I had (still is if I'd ever have any).* We've just always kept in contact.* She sent Xmas cards to all her pups, and birthday cards with a small gift to them all this year when they turned 1. She loves to get pics of Tucker, and the other 4 from the litter.* She always forwards to us owners the other dog's pictures when she gets 'em, and forwards Tucker's on to them, as well as the owner of Tucker's father; they like to see pictures too (the breeders both thought Tucker was the pick of the litter...'course so did I..haahaa).* It's not just pictures sent....we just keep in touch as friends now too, which is nice.

She hoped to have a reunion of the dogs this summer, but was away a lot, and just busy, along with all owners busy and some living further away, hard to pin down a date.* I'd still like to see that happen one day..that'd be fun.

Last summer, when Tucker was 4 mos. old, she brought his mom and a brother to play.* That was fun.* She hasn't been able to get back here this summer, 'cause of a new job schedule. She has pictures in her home of other dogs from litters of years past, and still likes to see her 'dogs'.

She's planning to breed her female again this fall, and said we're on her puppy list....so we'll be seeing the new puppies.* *

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Otis' breeder is actually right up the road. They operate the local farm here that is a greenhouse in the summer, and a corn maze in the fall. We often see each other.

Max - well, I tracked his breeder down in Oklahoma. Remember, he was a puppy mill pup - I explained Max's story, and - as expected - I wasn't feeling a whole lot of love from her :

Stella's breeder and I have become very good friends and are email junkies also. When she's near for a dog show, we try to hook up. She just asked if I wanted to be present for her next Bulldog litter due in September - very excited!
    Brenda from Connecticut

I send updates w/ pics to Jersey's breeder every now and then. She always writes back and asks how everything is going. I also like to check out her website every now and then just to look at the pics and see any new litters!

We stop by and visit now and then and email occasionally.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Yup!!! I send Molly's breeder pictures every now and then, and we even went to visit her a few weeks back.

Abby's breeder was in a terrible car accident and is no longer breeding Abby was out of his first ever litter, and he only bred one litter the following year. I have a feeling he would have done very well.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

I send our breeder an update every now an then but hardly ever get a response.
    If I give them a call they are always very nice and helpfull probably just not that good on the e-mail....

Kathryn Guest

I am so glad to see all of you who stay in contact with your breeders!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast