So she loves me as long as there are no tennis balls...

Thread: So she loves me as long as there are no tennis balls...

DefaultSo she loves me as long as there are no tennis balls...

So, my neighbor is an animal lover she usually feeds cats and dogs that just show up.
    She has been feeding this male dog, therefore is has been hanging around for about 2 weeks now. I love dogs, but this guy tries to mount Bear, everytime we go out and even follows us around. Bear can defend herself pretty well, still he is getting on my nerves. > >

Today is a holiday here and my friend and her lab Kyra (that is finishing her heat) were going to walk the one mile we usually walk to the park. My friend was going to wait for us about a block from here.

I go out and that dog is there so I had to chase him away, I dont want him on my Bear and neither on Kyra. He seems to go away, so we walk around the block and meet my friend and get going. Well the darn dog appears and my friend hold Kyra and I go running to scare the dog away... I tripped over a branch on the side of the road. All I could picture was my foot bending and me falling on it. I sprain my ankle, big time... :'( :-\

Well during all this my friend is holding Bear and Kyra. Bear just wants to go check on her Mom that is on the ground not being able to get up. When finally with water the male dog goes away, my friend crosses the street, ties Kyra and let Bear on the sidewalk. What does Bear do?....

She goesn to check on her mom and lie down under my foot. like saying Mommy i'm finally here, you'll be ok. :-*

My girl is the sweetest!!! :

But as soon as we got to the park, not the one 1 mile away of course. She forgot her mommy had fallen on her foot and was in pain while standing on her hurted foot. All she could think about was when was I going to throw her ball.... What a sweet girl ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: So she loves me as long as there are no tennis balls...

Oh dear! So sorry you hurt your sprained your ankle, ouch!!!

Glad you were able to keep the male dog away from Kyra though, that could have been bad if he mounted her... eak!

And Bear IS a sweet girl! She just really loves her tennis balls!
    ~Jo & CoCo

DefaultRe: So she loves me as long as there are no tennis balls...

OUCH, I hate pesty loose dogs also. There is a couple around my neighborhood also. Hope your ankle feels better.