anyone have a microfiber sofa

Thread: anyone have a microfiber sofa

Defaultanyone have a microfiber sofa

We are still furniture hunting and I know alot of you recommended leather but I am still skeptical about axl's nails scratching the leather. Today I found a sofa that looks just like that tortoisey distressed leather but is actually made out of microfiber. It looks great and is actually the same color as axl, but was wondering how it cleans up and if your labs hair gets stuck in it alot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: anyone have a microfiber sofa

I used to have Microfiber. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very durable when it came to the kids (stains, etc.), but I HATED it with the dogs. It was like a dog hair magnet.

Curious what others thought of it.
    Brenda from Connecticut

I've had one since before I had Henry! It has held up quite well in the past 3 years, and I had the reverse problem as Brenda... I can vacuum up Henry's furs from this sofa no problem... but he likes to lay on the sofa and lick his paws, and his saliva has stained it in little blotches. You can't really tell unless you look closely, but I know it's there.

Brenda, what did you use to get the stains off??

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Felicia - I was able to just use a little soap (usually just a dish soap) & water and a small scrub brush. I never experienced staining or water spots. Hmmmm? Wonder if there's different types of Microfiber????

I do agree that the hair was easy to remove; however, it was so attracted to the couch. Almost like static electricity would be. I swear it would leave my clothes and "stick" the furniture!!!! LOL
    Brenda from Connecticut

maggieandfinn is offline Senior Member

We have microfiber and have no problems. Vac up the dog hair, don't have kids so no spills, only doggie drool and slobber. But it dries quickly leaving no lasting mark

I love our microfiber couch! We don't allow Jaida and Bali on our furniture though, so I don't know how it would handle that type of wear. However, it is really easy to clean (hair, drool and all) because you can just vacuum it and take a washcloth dampened with detergent and warm water and wipe it down to clean. I had a leather couch for awhile that was from my college days, and it did fine with Jaida around, but again, we don't allow dogs on furniture, and I am sure it would have panned out differenty if we did. Good luck with your decision! I love shopping for furniture!!!

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Oh yes, we have a microfiber sofa and LOVE it. It's sueded, so yes, it does get fur on it - but that's why it's called FUR-niture, right? Seriously, though, the fur vacuums right off, the dog-slobber wipes away with a damp cloth, it doesn't retain odors, food/wine/coffee/etc. spills don't stain - really, everything just wipes off. Even runny cat poop (don't ask). We can also remove the cushion covers and toss them right into the washing machine and they come out looking brand new. And it has been impervious to both feline and canine claws, unlike the leather chair and chaise lounge that we have, which have definitely gotten scuffed.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

We have two microfiber living room sets and have been very happy with them. We have two cats, the dog, and Rob (his nickname is Spiller) and they clean up very nice. They're also really comfy for humans. One of my cats threw up a hairball on our couch and it was easy to wipe away.

I'm trying to teach Maui to stay away from all of our new(lywed) furniture. Including not getting on the sofa or couch.

It's nerve wracking when everytyhing is brand-new in your place

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

I HATE our microfiber couch. It is a doghair and food crumb magnet, and they can't be brushed off; they can only be removed via vacumming. Pain in the behind!
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!