WHy do I have to have the smart dog.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHy do I have to have the smart dog.....

Tater Guest

DefaultWHy do I have to have the smart dog.....

So as you all know last thursday Tater moved his cage into the livingroom. I had a idea on how he got it there. Well all weekend long nothing never once moved it. WEll this morning was a different story. I am sitting upstairs getting dressed and I can hear Taters cage moving around. So I got and idead and I went down stairs to see what he was doing. Sure enough he was moving his cage again. He was jumping around in his cage making it move and once he got it over the lip of the pan that is on the bottom of the cage he started walking. I coudlnt do anything but laugh my butt off this morning. He had the towel hanging out of the back og the cage. His bowls were still on the top and he had his kong in his mouth just walking. Like he was going on a trip and he packed for it. SO now I am scared leaving hm home alone. I cant have Codys mom go over everyday. TOnight I am going to see if I can put the cage together correctly, there is a bottom but we never put it on because when he was a puppy we were taking the pan out to wash it out. BUT GOD PLEASE HELP ME!!!?!?!?!?! I am just so shocked at how smart he is. Does anyone have and ideas though? I put two bar stools in front og his cage this morning before I left hoping that would keep him from moving it. I dont know what I Am going to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: WHy do I have to have the smart dog.....

I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing at the 'visual', with the kong in his mouth, no less. LOLOLOLOL!

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

He was jumping around in his cage making it move and once he got it over the lip of the pan that is on the bottom of the cage he started walking.*
    OK, now THAT is funny!* ;D

He'll have that thing tipped over in no time. First thing, I'd put the crate together properly. You can also weight it down by affixing some weights to it. (We did this with Theo's ex-pen when he was little.) And then exercise that puppy more!*

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Me too! ROFL ;D My girl always figures stuff out and at the time it may be aggravating but it does become funnier if you learn to appreciate the absurdity of it all! Good luck!

Labmom2b Guest

I'm sorry, laughing here too at the smart little bugger packing his kong for the trip across the house!

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

No... bwhaahaha help.. bwhahahhahha... here.. bwhaaaaaa... I can't stop laughing at that visual.... bwhahahhhaa omg, i can't breathe...
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineFizz
    No... bwhaahaha help.. bwhahahhahha... here.. bwhaaaaaa... I can't stop laughing at that visual.... bwhahahhhaa omg, i can't breathe...
    ditto!
    ~Lindsay

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

LMAO! I wanna hear what he does when he comes to a doorway he can't get the crate through!!

Seriously though, I would put the bottom on the crate. Then cover it with a sheet so he can't see much out the sides, just leave the front uncovered. Then place something heavy (and unbreakable) on top like the neoprene covered dumbells you can buy at WalMart... maybe 2 x 10lbs dumbells (you can use them to workout too!). That might deter him from walking about...
    ~Jo & CoCo

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

can you cable-tie (like for a bicycle) the crate to something immobile in the house?
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Tater Guest

Well last week when he did get it out of the kitchen. WE are now missing a piece of the wall on the corner from the kitchen to the livingroom. Took a nice little chunck out of it. Yeah i am putting Codys weights he doesnt use on top of the cage. But heres the other thing, he doesnt like anything on his cage. You put something on it, within a minute its inside of his cage and he is tearing it up. But if we dont put anything on it he sits there and barks the whole time. And trust me he gets lots of rest. Look at my next post about his day at the park this weekend. THis little bugger is going to drive me crazy I dont know what to do with him and I dont want to give him away. Need some serious help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast