We are all on a diet

Thread: We are all on a diet

DefaultWe are all on a diet

This weekend I took the boys in for their annual physical exams. Actually it was Freckles annual and Dukes semi-annual. Dukesmom always gets mad at me for scheduling the boys annual physicals without scheduling one for myself but hey, the boys health is important. ;D
    Anyway, they both checked out fine with one exception, both were exactly 5 pounds over their optimum weight. Duke weighed in a 80 pounds and Freckles 65 pounds.
    My guess is that they gained the weight while I was trying to change their food to something without any corn. I tried several premium brands like Blue Buffalo, Innova etc but those seemed to be too rich and caused both to be constipated. I now have them on Natural Choice Lamb and Rice.
    I told the boys it was diet time and we entered into a pact to all loose five pounds. I have reduced slightly the amount they receive at each meal and I have also reduced the amount I eat at each meal. Yesterday Freckles ate half a tennis ball so I don't think he is taking to this diet idea. :
    Problem at this time of the year is it is too hot to get much exercise. I have to limit their time at the dog park to avoid over heating. Hopefully with cooler weather we can get back to exercising more on a regular basis.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: We are all on a diet

Diet time!* That's great you are taking the necessary steps for the health of all of you!* Maybe all of you need to eat more veggies... make better fillers than tennis balls!*
    ~Jo & CoCo

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Have you got anywhere good to swim in your area? great for doggy weight loss and refreshing in this hot weather. If you find a lake or beach or whatever you can all go in together!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster,
    Our dog park has two great swimming ponds and the boys do love to swim but the water is not really cool and with our humidity they don't get any of the evaporation cooling effect. With this humidity I almost think they get wetter when they come out of the water. ;D

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Frankie's on a diet, too! Took him in on Saturday and he needs to lose about 7 pounds. He won't be very happy when he finds out that I left a note for the dog walker to give him carrots instead of cookies LOL!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"