The WORST swim ever...amusing for you (not me lol) (UPDATE W/ ?)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The WORST swim ever...amusing for you (not me lol) (UPDATE W/ ?)

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe WORST swim ever...amusing for you (not me lol) (UPDATE W/ ?)

**UPDATE**
    Does anybody know if dogs can get stung by jelly fish?? Molly has been itching at her legs/paws this morning and I can't really tell if the fur underneath looks like a jellyfish sting would on a human. I gave her a benadryl and she seems to have died down with the itching, but I'm curious to know if they can get stung.
    ** There's also and update in a post further down about my mom apologizing **

Took Molly swimming today out in the bay at a park here at the beach. Mom insisted that I take her check line off and I refused until my mom unclipped it and Molly ran out into the water. "Ok" I said she'll come back and she did every time she was called then she saw it...on the other side of the pier not accessable to human kind (lol) were seagulls and ducks. Tons and tons of them...no amount of recall was bringing this girl back, but I stayed calm and watched her thinking "hey if I run the other way she'll follow. don't chase she'll go further" since the tide was out she was running and splashing her little heart out. Then she sees some ducks at the end of the 1/2 mile long pier and off she goes....now she's really not coming back and there were jet ski's zooming around out there. Now my heart is beating a mile a second. "mom what do we do?!" I asked she yells at me like I should have known "swim after her dummy". So fully clothed I jumped to the other side of the pier into the muck and mud to resuce my puppy.

I was stung several times by jelly fish, bit by a crab and almost lost one of my crocs!!! I was walking thinking I'd be able to wade out when all of a sudden SPLASH!!!! water was over my head so I had to swim a half a mile out to miss ding dong who was about to chase a jet ski. I got out to her and swam back holding her harness (good thing i left that on i was thinking)....we got back to where I could walk and what do I do? Fall face first back into the water and I got a lovely mouthful of bay muck.

Needless to say I'm not listening to my mom anymore...well at least not when it comes to miss molly and her recall while birds are visble lol
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The WORST swim ever...amusing for you (not me lol)

At least it's a good story. Of course it will be a better one when you're telling it to your grandkids while they train their puppy...Bath's all around?

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

"mom what do we do?!" I asked she yells at me like I should have known "swim after her dummy".
    Oh PLEASE tell me your mom was talking about the bumper (dummy) and not YOU! Oh that just breaks my heart if she was saying that to YOU!

:'(

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Hannah~yup showers all around!!!! soap for me and listerine bath for molly after a good hose down

Nance~Nope my momm called me a dummy she said in a joking manner though.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

I'm glad I don't have the only naughty dog on the JL forum today!

Oh, Molly! What are we going to do with you?

Stacey, I'm glad you're ok! Jellyfish & crabs hurt! I hope you didn't smell too fishy. I can envision a whole line of cats following you home!
    Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

Oh dear, Stacey!!!!

Sorry, that story made me laugh out loud. I could totally see it. And that's something Henery would try to do too.

At least you all had a good swimming workout today??

Oh you poor girl!! Zena went with us yesterday and I made her stay on the check cord. She likes to swim to cool off, but she's much more interested in exploring the woods!

I hope those stings feel better soon! And your mom owes you several new pairs of crocs!!

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Sorry, but I just had to laugh. Glad that everything turned out ok. I would have been in a panic if it had happened to me.

Brookville, Pa.

Oh, my, gosh - THAT would have been funny on video!

What no pictures?

I am glad you got her back safely. And I am sorry your mom called you a dummy even in jest that can hurt.

In the future stick with your gut feeling you know these dogs best.

Cinnamon slipped her collar at the lake once and started out on her own. I was never so glad to get her back as this is a 5 mile wide lake so I know the feeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast