HELP!!!!!!I got a question!

Thread: HELP!!!!!!I got a question!

Buddy and Bailey is offline Senior Member

DefaultHELP!!!!!!I got a question!

I am at my sister house and I notice that Bailey was limping. I looked at her paw and a piece of her pad is hanging she is not bleeding . Is there anything I should be doing. I will not be home to night

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zgirls is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: HELP!!!!!!I got a question!

no advice , but hoping she is not in too much pain........is there a vet you can call there?
    Lee
    Mother of Zoe Mae and Zeb AKA The Mess Pot

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Ow!

Do you have any EMT gel? This seems like a good use for that. I don't have any, but keep meaning to get some.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I called the emergency vet in town here and he said that it wsnèt an emergency and that all he would be doing is cutting it off so it wonèt be bothering her. told me to save my money(not by the emerency cost) and bring her in tomorrow to have it removed- so I guess that is what we will be doing
    thanks for your well wishees. what is EMT gel

Roseanne, Henery did the same thing but with that "spare" pad, you know the little one above the main pads... fortunately he wasn't walking on it.

Is it a big chunk hanging? Ours was fairly small, so I snipped it off with scissors and then polysporin'ed it. Just watch for any infection... pus, whatnot.

EMT gel is this: http://emtgel.com/whatitis/index.php. I've not found it in any of our stores here, but I ordered Henery's online.

it was the centre pad piece that was hanging but it is no longer. i guess between all of the excitement ( we were at a family reunion ) of the people and my sisters 9 week old puppy- it came off. she is still limping. I just took a good look at her paw and it looks normal. she seem to be abit tender to the touch. I clean it with sertile water and she is sleeping now. I am going to put some polysporin on it and see how she goes. My car is in for service tomorrow so no way to take her in to the vet- but I think she will be ok. Thanks again

georgie is offline Senior Member

Abby just did that to the top pad, the one above the main fppt pads. I felt it & when I looked it was a piece of the pad just hanging there. I put some Neosporin on & was going to call the vet in the morning but when I cheked it in the morning..it had fallen off.
    Molly also ripped a big piece of her bottom pad on ice last winter. I kept Neosporin on it & it healed but it did take awhile.
    The ointment will help. Hope he feels bteer.

I just put the polysproin on Bailey and boy did she flinch. i felt so bad- then of course I had to fit with her not to lick it off. I felt so bad that it hurt when I put it on. poor thing

My cocker spaniel had all of the pads on both front paws swell and peel off...ouch. We used polysporin and wrapped the pads per vets instructions. We also had the pads looked at my a vet demotologist and there wasn't anything else we could do for her but wait. It was ok in a couple of weeks.