New Addition!! Lots of pictures
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Addition!! Lots of pictures

DefaultNew Addition!! Lots of pictures

We are very pleased to announce our newest addition to our kennel, Guardian Angel Kennels.

He is a bit early as we weren't expecting his arrival here for about another 2 weeks.* So far he is fitting in really well and has taken to his new home like he has always belonged.* He has a excellent tail, a wonderful head and his colouring is magnificent.* My son who picked him out specifically is absolutely thrilled with him and has insisted that we name him Rayquaza so it looks like the name is sticking.

We expect great things from this little guy.* He is a natural hunter and already does about 12 retrieves each and every day.* Each and every time he finds his mark and has never missed it yet.* He is pretty big for his age but we are hoping that he will stay a nice healthy hunting size.* I know that as he grows up he will start to lose interest in the hunt but hopefully it will take a while before that happens..........at least a good 3 years before that.................

So without further ado, I would love to introduce you to Guardian Angel's Rayquaza.......................

;D ;D

You thought I was talking about a lab didn't ya..... ;D ;D* LOL

I just couldn't resist.* He is my son's 2nd pet.* If people remember about 2 months ago I posted that my son lost his first pet Habi who was a little mouse.* He was a very beloved pet and we were all devastated with his passing but none more than my son.* After a lot of research on my son's part, he just turned 5 by the way, my son decided that he wanted a lizard because they generally live longer if they are well cared for.* He chose a bearded dragon and after spending a month helping dad build a vivarium for the little thing, we finally contacted our bearded dragon breeder and brought Rayquaza home.*

He's pretty cute and loves to be held and is a keen cricket hunter.* We've had him 2 days now and he just settled right in.* So I thought I would share our newest addition.* I think I'm nuts, 2 kids, 2 dogs so far, 2 cats and now I have a bearded dragon.* Thankfully I am not squemish (sp?)* I love holding Rayquaza too.* He just sits in your hand and cocks his head at you.* Oh, for those of you wondering, we are not adding him to our breeding program. * Could come up with an interesting dog breed though Bearded Labs.* LOL

It is nice that my son had the chance to grieve for his lost pet.* Habi was a year and a half when he passed away.* It is heartbreaking still to think of him and my son will stop and cry once in a while to tell me how much he misses Habi.* Every day he tries to catch the little pieces of pollen that people make wishes on and every time I ask him what he wishes for, he says that he wishes for Habi.* I do think that Rayquaza is one lucky Bearded Dragon to have found someone who will love him so completely.

Just another shot of him.* The hibiscus in the corner is for him to eat.* They eat bugs and plants and flower petals are a real treat for them.

Looking at me through the glass and waiting for me to pick him up.

Part of the vivarium my SU made.* This is his first cage and when Rayquaza gets bigger, we will make a bigger cage for him.* Bearded Dragons grow to about 2 feet.*

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: New Addition!! Lots of pictures

LOL, that was a good gotcha!

Rayquaza looks like he's taking to his new cool digs. Very nice setup!

Congrats on the new addition to your family.

hehe

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

Congratulations! May he have a long and healthy life

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

He is cute. You had me going. I was waiting for a picture of a lab.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

You had me goin too! That's a cool story and kudos to your son for researching and giving serious thought to this. I am really impressed with the cage 'cause it looks awesome!

1scottie2labbies is offline Senior Member

I had one when I was a teen. He name was Larry and yes he liked to be held and cocked his head like I'm listening. He was very interesting he had a wake up time where he wanted his sun lamp on and a bed time he wanted it off. Larry would tap on the glass of the cage with his foot. My firend took him when I left for the Air force. I would get letters telling me Larry was ok.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

You certainly had me fooled!! Enjoy!!

daisyandwikismom is offline Senior Member

that is so cool! Your su and your son did a great job with his vivarium. Looks great Your son sounds like a pretty amazing kid for 5 years old. Hope he enjoys his new buddy!

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

LOL! That was good! Congratulations on the new addition!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

lcspt is offline Senior Member

How cool. Your son will have great memories of his childhood and the pets that he had and loved. You're a great mom.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast