We have dirty blanket syndrome, do you??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have dirty blanket syndrome, do you??

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe have dirty blanket syndrome, do you??

DH and I were making the bed this morning and I said ewwww, the blanket is dirty. Now mind you I just washed it on Sunday. I wash all my bed clothes every Sunday. Upon closer inspection, it wasn't dirty, ohhhhh nooooo it's covered with black Boo hair. Nice thing about Rush is her being strawberry blonde, her's doesn't show up like Boo's. I feel better that it's hair rather than dirt but stillllllllll on the bed? Ok so how many of you have Dirty Blanket Syndrome? ??? ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: We have dirty blanket syndrome, do you??

ooo pick us!!! Dakotas hair sticks to JUST the stuff on the bed! Pillows(inside and out), sheets are the worst!, and blankets from both Maggie and Dakota. Maggies hair dosnt stick to much of anything unless its wet..

LOL!!

Nope, not here! I picked my bed linens (duvet cover AND sheets) to match Henery's fur. Of course this means I'm limited to yellow labbies, but I think I'm okay with that!!

Now, dirty floor syndrome... that's a whole other story!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Do you ever notice when you're in the grocery store, the mall, or out walking on the street you can spot a dog owner in a second. No matter how hard I try I can't get to work without some yellow fur on me.

pj

*raising hand* guilty as charged ...and proud of it! ;D

though i'm like henrysmom--i buy my bed linens to match theo and cody's fur (thankfully they're both light). if you looked in my linen closet you'd think i was in love with the creams/beiges/light tan family of colors!

Everything on my bed is cotton, even the blankets. I use and old king size top sheet as a bedspread so the rest is pretty much protected until winter when Nellie wants to sleep under the covers. lol

georgie is offline Senior Member

**raises hand** Me too...me too!! I have black girls so I try to go with darker sheets & quilts. I had a beautiful white floral comforter when we had our last black lab & I washed it so much,,it was like a thin rag. But after she died I missed that black hair on that old comforter.
    When we finally got Molly I ordered from J.C. Penney, a darker quilt & figured when it got "ratty" I would just throw it out.
    Better to be kept warm by my labs then a comforter anyway.

Blankets don't normally have hair? uh-oh.

Guilty as charged. We tried to coordinate our bedding with Riley as well. I usually put another blanket on the bed when she sleeps with me, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

She sleeps with me when SU is out of town, which is often since he is a pilot. She will often sleep on his pillow too. Don't tell SU that though! He wonders why he wakes up with fur in his mouth in the middle of the night.

yes, we too have "dirty blanket syndrome" and yellow fur on the carpet, floor, our clothes, in the car and horror of all horrors I suspect on occasion it may find it's way into our food! I spent from April to July in a black walking boot due to a fractured heel and as you can imagine it to had a lot of yellow fur stuck to it! I have taken to vacuuming my bed, bedspread and furniture frequently. I just throw sheets over the sofas, then remove them when company comes. Also keep lint brushes everywhere. Our friends just expect to be de-furred when they leave. Do you think there is a market for dog hair we could tap into.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast