do your labs groom each other?

Thread: do your labs groom each other?

Katy Guest

Defaultdo your labs groom each other?

Rory will lay down next to Rio and kinda lean into him. Rio knows this cue and will start licking Rory's ears and face. He'll also nibble on his neck and ear areas, like he is picking out fleas or something (of course Rory doesn't have any). It is so cute and so sweet. Rory gets this dreamy look on his face while he's being groomed and you can tell he loves it. Rory never returns the favor though, though he is always the initiator of "bitey-face."

Do your labs ever groom each other? Does one usually groom the other or do they take turns?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labmom2b Guest

DefaultRe: do your labs groom each other?

Awww, that's so sweet. Must be so cute to watch!

Riley will groom Tonka, but Tonka will not do the same for Riley. In fact, Tonka will not usually even let Riley lay down within a foot or two of her. However, if Riley is grooming her, she will just sit there as content as can be.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Nice thread, Katy.

Seamus and Flynn groom each other. Ears, toes, check butts, necks, bellies. The beagles do it, too, but it's especially interesting watching my two black boys tend to one another. Two manly dogs beauty parlouring and I just put everything else aside and watch them groom.

Seamus and Flynn

Essy grooms Murray and he loves it.* He does not reciprocate though.* He thinks of Essy as a pesky little sister.* He'd be perfectly happy if I accidentally on purpose just left her somewhere but I bet he'd miss the grooming sessions.*

Murray does something else which drives me insane though.* He gnaws on Essy's ears like a rawhide.* She just lays there and lets him do it.* :* I tell him to stop but he still tries until I get up and physically remove him from the situation.* It makes Essy's silky soft ears all crunchy/crusty from dried up saliva. Yuk!* >

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Magnum grooms Ruger more than Ruger grooms Magnum... but on occassion Ruger will lick Magnum's ears out for her

Kwinon is offline Senior Member

My dogs don't groom each other.* We have Pillage & Plunder for that.

Pillage grooms Ruffy!

Here's Ruffy grooming Plunder's ears:

You wanna see him groom Plunder's butt???* ;D*

Cinnamon and Cierra do it. In fact Cinnamon loves to clean the inside of Cierra's mouth. Cierra does the same but not as often but she is more into grooming the end that doesn't eat.