Free to Good Home...No, wait, I'll Pay You!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free to Good Home...No, wait, I'll Pay You!

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultFree to Good Home...No, wait, I'll Pay You!

Last night we went to "school." There are only 3 dogs in class, so we get extra attention.
    Did heels, stays, recall...a few tricks like roll over, and 2 dogs in a down and Zoe jumps over them. She did amazingly well. Very focused.

On the way to the car, I was getting my keys out of my bag, she spots a kitten and takes off! I dropped her leash as I did not want her to take me down. Fine...she chases the kitten in the parking lot and when the kitten disappeared, she ran around some more like a chicken without its head. > Recalls did not work; sit did not work. Why? because she was a chicken w/o a head and w/o a head, she had no EARS!

Then she spots another kitten outside of the parking area that leads to yet another parking area, and that area leads to a very, very busy street!! Still w/o her head, she dashes off to chase that kitten. She heads to the other parking area and I'm yelling, "Zoe!! Come!!" Of course she has never heard that word "Come" before. I stood about 20 feet from her...she finally looked at me and I said, "Stop!" Well, that word put her head back on and she stopped. Ran over to her and stepped on her leash. Yes, she got a small whoop on her butt!

I wonder if I said, "Zoe, crab!" would she have put her head on sooner. I just didn't think to use that word. (btw, at the beach, if I say "crab" even if she's swimming w/SU w/her boogie board, she'll drop her bumper and swim (crying) to shore to get to the crab. :

Anyway, who wants her? Will pay...she comes w/a trust fund, lots of toys, several beds and her dog food container is 1/2 full.
    Linda and ZoŽ, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Free to Good Home...No, wait, I'll Pay You!

With that kind of deal, I'll take her!

I'd have whooped her butt too :

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

I'll take her! Can I come pick her up... and while I'm there stay a week?
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I want her. She and Nellie sound an awful lot alike. lol ;D

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Zoe!!!

So, does this mean that I don't have the only "good dog" in the world who totally forgets his training when he sees something exciting? I guess I'm not the worst trainer in the world after all . . . Or we're all terrible trainers.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Well, seeing that more than one person wants her, why don't we do a Zoe World Tour.
    Lindsay, after her rabies shots, come on over and stay the week. Then take her back and after you're done, post pics, then send her on to the next person. LOL
    Linda and ZoŽ, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Buddy and Bailey is offline Senior Member

I want her too only if I can move down there LOL

patm is offline Senior Member

I understand completely. I know that people say that dogs should have a 100% recall, but I wonder if any dog really does - especially a lab. My two were particularly bad last weekend at my parents. Normally I can walk them down the lane to the creek without any problem. Last week they kept their heads up, looking around, wanting to go into the bean and corn fields (plants WAY over their heads) and explore. The trouble is - this land is flat and goes on forever! Then when we would head back to the house, if they caught site of a cat at the barn, they took flat off down the lane faster than I've ever seen them go. They couldn't hear me yelling at them of course because they were FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF SOUND! I had to keep Emilu on the leash half the time, because if one is on the leash, they other one won't take off withouth them. GRrrrrrrrrrr........

And I'll throw in a Jack Russell Terrier!

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

Recalls did not work; sit did not work.* Why?* because she was a chicken w/o a head and w/o a head, she had no EARS!*
    LOL!* great story, linda.* ;D
    red rover, red rover, send zoe on over!

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast