An uncrated dog at night......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An uncrated dog at night......

DefaultAn uncrated dog at night......

Does great as long as you have a man to man talk with him. LOL. Billy got in last night and said that he had a talk with Max and let him stay out of his crate. I woke up this morning and Billy says, how does your house look? I got excited thinking maybe he cleaned it when he got home ;D . He said that he left the door open and Max out of the crate. Max slept all night beside my side of the bed. He really is a good boy. Had it been Bear, I would have had a different story to tell this morning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: An uncrated dog at night......

Awwww good boy Max!!!

I think Molly likes sleeping out of her crate. She hasn't been trusted to do that at home yet just here at the beach since is a much smaller space
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Sawyer does fine out of his crate at night. He sleeps either on top of us or at the foot of the bed. During the day is a different story. He's been out for a couple of days and again yesterday finished off one of my baskets, and ate some papers he got from a counter top. The boy has the attention span of a 2 year-old. Wait! He IS a 2 year-old!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jakeysmom Guest

We leave Jake out of the crate at night. He last till about 6 am, if I don't get up...he starts on my carpet

I guess this means that your dogs do not sleep in bed with you. Lya sleeps with me. First with the exception of snagging fruit off the dining room table, she has done nothing wrong. Then, she is such a clinger that I can trust that she is not going to leave and go do anything naughty. Last, I let her sleep with me because then I know when she is itching and I wake up and give her more medication. :P

She does have her own separate little bed beside ours should she choose.

The Ridgeback, Rocco, that was a different story. His first year and a half with us, he spent quality time in a crate least he eat the house along with the davenport and the lawn furniture. Pluse, he is a bed hog.

Morgan with Lya the Itchy

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Good boy Max ;D

;D Good boy Max.. Lizzie now is uncrated altogether (we never thought we'd see the day...) she seems to be completly trustworthy since her 1st season. She sleeps under my sons bed, then as soon as it is light comes into our bedroom but just lies down next to the bed until we are awake... She has become quite the mellow yellow..

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Good boy Max!

I really don't know when that will happen with CoCo.... she is just so mischievious when it comes to snagging things that don't belong to her! It all ends up under the living room chair... I guess I would just have to become neater, so she wouldn't have access!
    ~Jo & CoCo

my dogs' crates are* their room---their oasis. MyAndy, a 7yr old portuguese water dog retreats to either* crate when kids are around, and they're terrorizng him or he's* pooped, but don't dare latch the door or you'll get a song in several octaves.

tina-louise, my one year old lab,* sleeps in the "living room" crate guarding us...andy relinquished being alpha-dog to her 'cause he just wants to sleep w/me in my bedroom. if tina looks like she's getting too comfy in the bedroom crate , andy'll create a diversion like running through the doggy-door, barking as if someone or something is out back in the yard, and then bolting back* in when tina folllows and making a beeline for the crate; this maneuver usually works too! i'm surprised this ruse works so well--the lab's much smarter than my pwd--i guess andy has street-smarts....

Good boy Max!

Gunny has slept in my bed since he was about 6 months old. He's always done well...except for the morning celebration..he litterally acts like he hasn't seen me in days the minute I open my eyes...rolls around, licking, waggin..it's actually really funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast