I'm still upset HAPPY UPDATE AT TOP!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm still upset HAPPY UPDATE AT TOP!!!

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm still upset HAPPY UPDATE AT TOP!!!

I stopped by the gas station that was near where the dogs were. I asked that gal at the counter if she knew anything about them. She said that the owners came by and picked them up! The local newspaper has an office near there, and those people got the dogs , cleaned them up and put an add in the paper. Apparently the dogs had also been several miles down the road to Walmart (maybe they had some shopping to do). The girl said that they weren't dumped there - "just wandering". HOpe they learned a lesson (the dogs, not the people - don't figure the people are trainable!)

This morning, as I was turning onto the road that my work building is on, I noticed 2 large brown lumps at the corner of the road - thought they might be dead deer - but a strange place for deer to get hit. Then I saw that they were dogs - couldn't tell if they were dead or alive - turned around and went back. I got out of the car and they were just waking up - had obviously slept there all night. One was a golden retriever type and the other a lab type. I went over to them to see if there was any ID on them. Only one had a collar -no ID - but they were both very friendly and very happy to see me. They were'nt too thin or straggly looking - yet. I think they would have gotten in the car with me, but I was late for work, and just couldn't do anything with them - I had to leave them there. I'm pretty sure they were dumped - it was near a gas station. I just keep thinking about them. You can't look a dog in the eye and not feel bad about them not having a place to be. There isn't even an animal shelter in this county anymore! And the Humane Society is not very active. I JUST HATE people who dump dogs (or any animal) on the roadside and leave them to fend for themselves. I didn't see the dogs tonight when I went home. This is a very busy 4 land highyway with lots of semi-traffic. I'm going to have nightmares about them tonight - poor doggies. I just feel so very, very sorry for them. :'(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm still upset

:'(

sloigo is offline Senior Member

That is very sad for the dogs! The foster* I am getting this weekend is from a county, the same way.* >* People take the collar off & dump them in fields or side of road. Our cho girl was found running in field & scavenging. Here if they raise them & they don't hunt well, they get a bullet or the boot.
    SO SAD! STUPID PEOPLE!!!!*

Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh Pat :'(

I can't tell you how many times I've had those same feelings. And this is just passing them on the road. If I had gotten out of the car and bonded with them, even briefly...well, I can just imagine how you feel. :'(

Please try not to worry too much. You just never know...perhaps this is their usual thing. Maybe they have an owner who just lets them run, and they ran all night after a girl or something, and they will now go back home.

So disturbing. I'm so sorry that happened.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

it sucks how people just dump dogs by busy roads

pat -- If they are still in the area --
    I bet they will show up around the same time again

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

**sigh** too bad you cant take the PEOPLE who did this and dump them on the side of the road in a strange place. See how they like it.

Kathryn Guest

:'( :'(

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm still upset HAPPY UPDATE AT TOP!!!

Bumped for update

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Glad they were taken home, but hope they don't wonder again!!!
    ~Jo & CoCo

I felt a little sick after reading that. I know I would have spent the day in tears if that had been me. Thank God they were picked up. Hopefully they will stay put!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast