Stressing over sending Lexi to the kennel. Am I normal??

Thread: Stressing over sending Lexi to the kennel. Am I normal??

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultStressing over sending Lexi to the kennel. Am I normal??

I tried to arrange to have someone stay at my house with her, but that did not work out, so my only other option was the kennel.

I know she will be well taken care of as she is at her vet's office & I know some of the kennel staff there.

I guess I just don't want her to think I am not coming back. Maybe it is because I miss my furbaby :'(. The house is too darn quiet without her bouncing around.

The one gal that works there lives next door to my parents. She worked tonight & told my mom that Lexi is doing just fine, though she is afraid of the train. My vets office is near a train line.

:'( :'(

My pretty girl, Lexi!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Stressing over sending Lexi to the kennel. Am I normal??

Awwee..that is perfectly normal. I never get use to leaving Haley. I think it's part of being a concerned mom. She'll be fine, in fact she will probably have a better time than you imagine. And the best part is picking them back up. Loads of kisses. ;D

chocolabmum Guest

I used to worry about leaving my lab too at the kennel until the lady that runs it told me that my dog was one of the best in the group. Her helper independent of the owners comments also said that my lab seemed to have fun with the other dogs, so I stopped worrying.

If your lab comes out happy, then she had fun and didn't fret too much at all.

If your lab comes out looking stressed, then maybe you should look into having someone stay at your house.

Years ago we had to board our lab for 6 months while we moved from one house to another. We boarded the dog at the kennel where we bought him. When we went to pick him up, he ran out to the car, sniffed at the tire, peeed on it and then jumped in like it was the day we dropped him off.

Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Definitely normal.

I remember the very first time I ever left Henery... he was 6 months old and it was only overnight as I was away for a conference but those 48 hours were the longest in my life.

He, on the other hand, had a grand ol' time.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I felt the same way when I boarded Brigetta at daycare for a couple of nights. I kept thinking she had already been abandoned by her original owners and I didn't want her to think she was being left again. When I called and again when I picked her up they told me she was having a great time.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

jakeysmom Guest

We put Jake in a kennel for the 1st time this summer. When we brought him home he seemed like he was sad to be home!!! I think he had so much fun with the other dogs!!! Now I don't feel so bad about putting him in one in September.

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

It is always difficult to leave our dogs. My dog, Aly, got very sick the last time I boarded her (not because she was being boarded; she would have gotten sick anyway), and the staff treated her as though she was their own, including taking her to the vet and going to her vet appointment. I feel much better, knowing that the staff was, indeed, paying attention to her needs.

Does your vet offer play times? As long as Lexi has some playtimes, she will be fine.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Samson is offline Senior Member

Just like the first day at school

I'm that pathetic too but when the time comes the dogs trot off without a backwards look

I was terrible when I left Zora the first time. I cried , and cried, thinking she thought we were never coming back. When we picked her up, she was the happiest I'd ever seen her. And it also helped with her training. She is crated at night and sits quietly in it until we wake up. Prior she would start yelping at 5:30am. Overall it was a wonderful experience. She'll have a wonderful time!!!

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

To answer your question. You are normal.
    I blew a 7 day cruise a few years ago when I couldn't leave Buddy.