Ender Fri morning update
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ender Fri morning update

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultEnder Fri morning update

Update: Firstly... thanks everyone for your suggestions and wishes for Ender to get better. Poor guy was giving us "the eyes" last night relentlessly... bad parents for not feeding him!!! Eric nearly caved several times and I had to remind him "Vet says... " and he responds "yeah but HE doesn't know that"

We had a normal night... no BM this morning... chicken and rice which he gobbled down and looked at me like "that's it?"

Vet is supposed to call this morning. I just hope this was a one time thing and he's back to normal BMs tonight.

----

I called the vet... all of Ender's tests they ran on the fecal were negative... INCLUDING the giardia!?

So... vet is going to call me tomorrow morning... fast him tonight... chicken and rice tomorrow morning.

I'm stumped... I was SURE the giardia at least would be positive. (btw... who said they bet giardia... you lost! :P )

(Yes I know it's possible the giardia is flaring up and the test can still be negative)
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Ender update: I'm STUMPED

Is it possible Ender ate something that's not agreeing with him? We had that problem with Storm a lot when she was a puppy and usually it ended up that she ate a sock or some underwear - which would come out in one form or another a few days later.

WigWag Guest

Every once in a while one or more of my dogs will get diarrhea - horrible, stinking, sometimes bloody. It comes on for no apparent reason and I have a plan I set. I fast the next meal and overnight. I then start chicken and rice and give this for 2 days (4 meals). If this doesn't work I start them on Flagyl which works in 24 hours - love that stuff but you have to go to the vet. My vet perscribes a 7 day course but some recommend only 3 - 4 days so I give it for 3 days and save the rest for the future.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Well.... while it is entirely possible he could have eaten something.... we keep a VERY close eye on him and it just doesn't seem likely... possible...

My poor sugar.
    ~Lindsay

Blondedog Guest

It's amazing what they can get into in no time at all. Bruce is always wherever I am. One night he was not feeling well restless, paw licking drowling I couldn't figure out why he was like this. About 11:00pm he went outside and threw up and after that he seemed to feel much better. When I investigated the pile puke the next day in the light there was a big chunk of Syran wrap in it. I have no idea where he got it as he really hadn't been out of my sight. Hope Ender is feeling better soon.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Hmmm...is he getting any type of milk product (yogurt, cream cheese, etc.?)
    Once I gave Zoe yogurt, only to find out it had expired and she had runny poops for 2 days.

Hope Ender gets back to normal soon.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

I was so hoping that you'd find an answer today.* Poor little guy!*

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Lindsay, did your vet do the antigen test for giardia? Is that what it's called, people? I don't remember. Anyway, it's a little more expensive - I think it was around $90 - but it is in the high 90th percentile for accuracy.

I am so sorry Ender's having such a bad time, poor little boy! I hope you can get it all figured out :-\

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Kathryn Guest

Lindsay, I hope Ender feels better soon!

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Lucy had more than one episode of diarrhea and vomiting before her first birthday, one episode landing her in the vet's overnight. We ran all sorts of tests and I don't remember finding a specific cause.
    I don't think that their immune systems are fully in place..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast