Ooops! (Sorry, A bit long, I got carried away)

Thread: Ooops! (Sorry, A bit long, I got carried away)

DefaultOoops! (Sorry, A bit long, I got carried away)

Last night our power was out, so I went to my mom's house to try to stay out of the heat. Tonka was of course thrilled to see Riley as they had not visited since sometime last week.* My mom was playing ball with Riley while I was making Velveeta Shells and Cheese over in the kitchen.* Tonka took up her usual position of laying just off to the side of the stove...hoping for me to drop some food.*

I had just drained the pasta and put it back into the pan so that I could add the "cheese" (if that's what it should be called).* I snipped off the corner of the packet and as I did, Tonka's face seemed to light up.* I swear she can smell cheese or anything resembling it from miles away.* I began squeezing this cheese stuff into the pot.* It did not squeeze out evenly so I tried to get a better grip.* I repositioned and began squeezing again.* All this time Tonka's interest grew more and more.* Then it happened....

The cheese packet flew out of my hand and a big glob of it flew through the air.* You could almost hear the drool coming out of her mouth.* There was a very quiet moment and Tonka began to look all around on the floor for this prize she had been so patiently waiting for.* But where was it?* She sniffed the air.* Where was it? She sniffed again...

I looked down to see a yellowish orange racing stripe down the middle of her back!* She kept sniffing, trying to find the cheese.* Poor baby!* All this time, Riley is oblivious to the whole situation, too busy playing ball with her grandma.* I grabbed a wet towel to try to remove the cheese.* Tonka kept throwing her head back trying to get to the cheese.* Sniff, then take a step backward, sniff, another step backward!*

Now I have Riley's attention.* She came running over and before I could stop her, her tongue was diligently cleaning up the mess on Tonka's back.* I don't think I've ever seen such a dejected, left out look on poor Ms. Tonka's face.* :

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dixies Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ooops! (Sorry, I bit long, I got carried away)

LOL I can just see it! I hope you gave Tonka a taste after all that! ;D

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

OMG! That is so funny! Great story.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

that is too funny!

But poor Tonka! She missed out on the yummy cheese !
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Ah, poor Tonka!

Great story!
    ~Jo & CoCo

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Hilarious! "Mom, why did you put the cheese where the Frontline goes?! You KNOW I can't get at it there!"