GGLRC 2006 Specialty Show in October - Bay Area Get Together

Thread: GGLRC 2006 Specialty Show in October - Bay Area Get Together

DefaultGGLRC 2006 Specialty Show in October - Bay Area Get Together

The GGLRC 2006 Specialty Show is happening in October in Pleasanton http://www.gglrc.org/events/specialty/2006/ There are several local lab owners who would like to host a get together for our local and out-of-town guests. Maybe some quality lab (and owner) time at the beach or the park. We could plan a picnic/BBQ around the show schedule.

For those of you who would be interested in a get together, please post here and we can start planning now.

Thanks,

Robin

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: GGLRC 2006 Specialty Show in October - Bay Area Get Together

Robin, thanks for the invite! I posted in Conformation, too, count me in!!! I'd love to meet fellow JL'ers.

Fabulous! Now you're going to a show in Stockton in September too? Stockton is about an hour from us, you need anything while you're in the area?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I posted in Conformation, too... I have already asked for those dates off for Golden Gate in October...sounds like a blast, and Monty will be turning 12 months in time for the supported entry show that Monday (October 23rd), so it will be right in the middle of an age class change which should make things interesting for me at the shows. LOL I will likely be staying with a local lab club friend in her RV. What's the weather like up there at the end of October?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Fabulous! Now you're going to a show in Stockton in September too? Stockton is about an hour from us, you need anything while you're in the area?
    Yes, SU is driving me to the Sierra Vista Specialty. We'll be there all day on Friday. I'll be looking for Julie there, but would love to meet other JL peeps too. I'm not sure what we'll do for the rest of that weekend. Do you know of any dog parks in Stockton area? Maybe we can meet for a play date on Saturday (Sept. 2nd)?

We may be going to a baseball tourney that weekend, it's very up in the air right now and I'm kind of doubting we will go. The H Mom was talking about a meetup on the 2nd, so maybe we can get something together then too. I can check for parks in the Stockton area. I'll send a message to Nathan to see if he knows anything out there; he's got the dog scene down in the area.

Weather here in October can be unpredictable. Mid October we can get some rain, but we also get very nice weather. Several years it has rained around that week tho (I know because it's a big baseball tournament weekend, our anniversary, Rob's usually in Arizona and I've been stuck here in the rain). We can keep you guys posted on the weather as it gets closer to the show. The Farmer's Almanac does predict that we will have a warmer and drier October than normal, so that's a good thing.

Ok, so let me ask this...If we're not showing our dogs can we still bring them to the show? I don't know what the etiquette is.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Sounds great! Count me in. I can definitely help with arranging a picnic, dog park meetup, whatever. Only complications are that we're already committed to something the evening of 10/21 (Sat), and I don't know yet whether I'll be able to get Friday (10/20) off.

Tatyana, unfortunately I don't know anything about Stockton. It's pretty far from me.

Robin, you are not supposed to bring a dog unless you are showing him/her. That said, no one seemed to care last year. All the dogs I saw were really well behaved and mellow, which made me glad that I didn't bring Theo.

Oh, count us in! We'd love to meet JL peeps and pooches! I'll check to see what I can find out about dog parks in the Stockton area and let y'all know. And October sounds like fun, too. I've never seen anything like that so it'll be neat to learn what happens!

I'm going to be in Belmont and Walnut Creek for two weeks the middle of October. Nellie will be back in Maryland though. Maybe I can get away to meet you guys.