Ash from the fire here, question about the dogs.

Thread: Ash from the fire here, question about the dogs.

Kathryn Guest

DefaultAsh from the fire here, question about the dogs.

Heres the link for the post yesterdayhttps://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,14569.0.html

This morning there is ash ALLLLLLLLLLLLL over the place I tried to take a picture but it didn't come out very well and now the wind has come up a little so most of it is gone.
    They are warning everyone about the effects on the people of our town. But what do I need to watch and be worried about for my girls?
    I know with Kaden and I went can't breath, watery eyes, and such.
    :-\

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Ash from the fire here, question about the dogs.

I'm not 100% sure but it seems logical to me they could develop some respiratory issues from the ash. It may even bother their eyes the way it bothers you. I'd keep them indoors until you can get some better feedback.

Kathryn Guest

Thanks!
    We don't plan on letting them go outside other than to potty.
    I have an unfinished basement that I think we might go play ball in later today.

They say that the people most effected are the young and the old. I could see most of it being the same way with dogs. Copper is at least 13 and im more worried about her than the other 2. She dosnt do well with weather or anything that changes or isnt normal.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I would keep them inside with the windows closed and air conditioning on until the ash clears up. It can have the same effect on dogs as humans.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Ditto what Danie said!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Keep us posted. I onced lived in an area that had fires every summer and it was frightening. Have a plan and stuff packed, just in case. Food, water, medication, and those things that can't be replaced. Be sure your dogs have tags on them and if you can get something on a tag that has a phone number of someone outside your area (phone service can be cut or you may not be able to be reached) just in case you are seperated. Some shelters won't take pets . Our human society set up safe areas for residents pets (both small and large). My thoughts are with all of you!

Kathryn Guest

I don't think it will come this way we are down on the flat land a ways. BUT you never know with anything! years and years ago a few kids set a fire behind a church and we were asked to leave our homes. I can see it making it that far if it keeps making its way this way. But they will have a better time stopping the fire before it got there being they would have more acess to the fire than where its at now!

Thank you for ALL your help everyone!