Scariest Moment of My Life!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scariest Moment of My Life!!

DefaultScariest Moment of My Life!!

* Yesterday, My boyfriend and I put Teddy in the fenced in backyard (which we have always done) while we were doing some errands.* When I went in the backyard to put Teddy back in the house, I couldnt find him* or his lab mix buddy that he plays with (who belongs to my boyfriend's brother (Jack)...fyi-we all share a house)* I knocked on Jack's door to see if he took them inside his part of the house, but he wasn't home.* I called for for a few minutes after and no TeddyBear.* Finally the neighbor peeked his head over the fence and asked if I knew about the hole in the fence on his side...NOOOO i didn't!!!* I started to freak out!!

* *I ran to the road (which is a main road with at least a dozen cars at a time zooming by at 50/60mph)* When I looked down the road, that is when I saw him and his buddy.* There he was... running in front of a garbarge truck which was blaring its horn.* I ran as fast as I have ever ran in my life and screamed his name.* My scream even scared me...I had never heard myself scream like that before.* I was lucky enough that he heard my scream and came running to me.* I opened my arms and when his furry little body hit me...thats when I lost it.* The tears just wouldn't stop...I had almost lost my baby and it felt just so amazing to feel him in my arms again.* I will never forget that moment or that image of Teddy weaving in front of that truck and the sound of my scream. It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life.*
    I thank God that TeddyBear is alive and safe in my arms again, he means the world to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Scariest Moment of My Life!!

How terrifying for you. Although I am extremely careful, Tatum got out a couple of months ago (slipped past me when I opened the gate) and I still can't get the image of her running down the street out of my mind. It was the most horrible, sickening feeling.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Ahhhh, that is one scary story. I'm so happy that they are back home safely. I hate when they scare you like that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Thank God everything worked out well for you and Teddy...

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

My heart was in my throat while reading this. We had a similar incident with our first dog (a Great Dane) about 35 years ago, and I can still feel the terror when I think of it. It taught us a very valuable lesson about gates being left open, and spaces in fences. So glad everything turned out well.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I had tears in my eyes reading that. I am so glad he is ok. My dog prudence was almost hit by a garbage truck...I screamed out so loud the truck stopped and she was right between the front and back tires. It's horrible when you come that close to an accident!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Tears here as well... soo glad he is safe now.
    ~Lindsay

Whew ..close call. Glad that everyone is okay.

.So how fast did it take you to make someone fix the fence? lol

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Oh man, definitely teary-eyed hear... how terrifying! SO glad Teddy is safe...
    ~Jo & CoCo

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Teary-eyes here aswell! I'm so glad Teddy is OK!!! I love your siggy pic, he is just gorgeous!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast