Izzy - How are Miss Moo & the pups?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Izzy - How are Miss Moo & the pups?

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultIzzy - How are Miss Moo & the pups?

We'd all love to see some more pictures of Miss Moo and her puppies. (hint, hint...)

Bella

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Izzy - How are Miss Moo & the pups?

bump

Sorry it has been first weekend before first day with kids and first day with kids. I have totally neglected my JL family. But I found out Monday morning when I walked in that not only am In teaching 8th grade but I am teaching 5th. I had NO plans and nothing ready and they were my FIRST class so I was a little frazzled. So I am here, illegally I might add (hee hee who can stay away) during my planning at work taking a much needed doggy break so I can relax and breathe for a moment. Let me see if I can get my precious and wonderful sister to post some of the pictures that we have been taking. I will go call her and beg and plead. Hopefully you will be able to see them soon. At most you will be able to see them when I get home tonight.

I can tell you we had a scary time time yesterday. I thought she looked 'puffy' before I let for work so I told Kat to keep an eye on her and if necessary give her some pepto bismol, I didn't have any gas-x on hand which I do now! (kicks my self in the a$$) Anyway in the middle of class yesterday the VP comes in and says I have a phone call there is a medical emergency at home. So I run to the phone and Kat tells me that in her eyes she looked really swollen. So I told her to give her the PB and call the local vet to make an appt that afternoon right after school. I had an half an hour left so I was going to high tail it home. We were worried about 2 things an I told Kat to tell them what we were worried about:
    1) just whelped and could have not passed everything (possibility)
    2) starting to bloat
    both of these are life threatening
    Now this is the vet that I emailed and they said would love to help me out during hours, it was they close at 7. She tells them exactally what I said and the receptionist says, 'Oh we would love to help but we just can't we are swamped."

OK Now I am not freaking livid right now because everything worked out OK but I am going to have a discussion with the vets there that they need to train their receptionist to recognize keys emergency words. BLOAT is an emergency. Possible retained anything from pregnancy in the uterus can be an emergency. Anyway I called my vet 2 hours away and took Molly temperature, it was normal and since she was eating again he decided to put her on antibiotics just to be safe. Her discharge is normal still but since she was getting puffy, as I called it, he didn't want to wait for the discharge to change or for a fever to develop before putting her on one. So now that this crisis is over we can go back to puppy love. All this time Miss Moo took care of the puppies and they were fed, fat and happy.

I started hearing what could be called puppy barks last night and little growls. Oh man I LOVE that.

P.S. Kat asked me when I got home if I got in trouble for getting out of class for the dog's medical emergency. I said no and let them try. My dog's are my kids and they are my priority in life. I would leave work for them just like I would if it was your or Alan or Mom or Dad that was sick. Even if it meant I would get fired! I will flip burgers if I had to so I can take care of them and be able to leave when I need to.

People don't threaten me about my dogs. Momma bear comes out. ;D

Ok going to call Kat now to get pictures put up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'm glad the situation was resolved and Miss Moo is doing well hopefully the antibiotics take care of whatever it is. And yes we would LOVE more pictures

Izzy called and did the sisterly nag thing, so I am at the laptop with photoshop in hand trying to resize the photos my hubby took (that are approximately billboard size for some reason!) and to play a little with the lighting so that you can actually make out features instead of wee little black lumps.

As I am working on them, I am posting them to Izzy's blog (http://www.eventhorizonfarm.com/blog), but can give you a little sneak preview here ;D

and

(on the blog I have set those photos up so that you can click for a larger sized photo - it should open in a second window as an fyi for those with popup blockers. I love the huge pictures because you can actually see details of the little mooshy faces these puppies have right now.)

Enjoy!
    Izzy's Kat

maggieandfinn is offline Senior Member

They are just too cute

Do they all have homes already?

Izzy will have to answer for positive and sure but I do know that two people on her waiting list wanted yellow. I do not know if that means that she has two more people to move up or if she will be taking applications for the two blacks. LOL -ya know what - I should just let Izzy answer cause she's the dog person. I'm the puppysitting-spoiling-them-rotten-build-her-site person-and translate-her-dog-speak-to-english person.

maggieandfinn is offline Senior Member

Ok I was just wondering Ours is 9 months old so we aren't ready yet But they are adorable.

I had to post this of the snuggle with MommaMoo's rabbit toy. These wee monsters are so precious. It is the same picture as before, but this focus is on the snuggle instead of the face. I love the image of the rabbit and puppy back to back and I love that the rabbit still has about a good five inches on the puppy!

Just precious..really enjoyed the blog as well.

Let me know what follow up there is with that vet > I want to know what they have to say for themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast