We're back from the match.

Thread: We're back from the match.

DefaultWe're back from the match.

We had a great time. *The weather was PERFECT! *It was raining about 10 miles from the show site so we had overcast skies, temps in the 70s, light & cool breezes for the majority of the day. *Basically it was perfect show weather.

Murray was AWESOME in Utility. *We only lost 6 ½ pts but he missed the recall on the signal exercise so we NQd. *I got lots of compliments on Murray’s performance though so it looks like we’ll be competing this fall. *;D

I also showed a friend’s black female Lab in conformation. *We took BOB and G2.

My daughter showed an 8 month old yellow female Lab pup in conformation. *The pup was CRAZY. *The judge was very patient with them both and my daughter loved showing.

She also showed Essy in Rally Nov A. *They looked great. *They would have finished with a 98 and 3rd place but my daughter misread one of the signs and got a 10 pt deduction. *They finished with an 88. My daughter is SO proud of that ribbon. *;D

She also showed Essy in Nov A obedience. *The on lead heeling was beautiful. *The rest of the exercises were not so pretty and off lead heeling was a disaster. *Essy was very laggy and unattentive. *They still would have qualified but on the recall, Essy didn’t come in close enough so they NQd. *Afterwards the judge praised my daughter and said they are a great team but need to really focus on attention (the same thing I keep telling her). *The judge wouldn’t give me the score sheet or let me even see it so I have no idea what the score would have been. *:-\

All in all it was a great weekend and best of all, my daughter had a GREAT time and the judges were amazing with her.

Details and pix are here. *
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...6.0.html<br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: We're back from the match.

Yayy Murray!
    Thats great that your daughter is getting into showing also. I am hoping my kids catch the bug.

GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Don't I remember your being worried about this and how your daughter was going to handle it? Sounds like she did really well. Congrats to her!!!!!!!

Frances

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    GREAT!!!!!!!!!!* Don't I remember your being worried about this and how your daughter was going to handle it?*
    Ha! Yes that was me. I was actually worried about how the judges would treat my daughter but I shouldn't have been. All 3 judges were wonderful. They treated her with respect and compassion. They all gave her tips about how to improve and they all said they were happy to see her out there competing. The obedience judge was particularly helpful. She'd tell my daughter things like "you can give a 2nd heel command" or "you can lead her by the collar between exercises". These are things I've told her before but she didn't remember once she got in the ring so it was nice that the judge reminded her.