Visited the puppies yesterday!!! Warning - long!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visited the puppies yesterday!!! Warning - long!!

DefaultVisited the puppies yesterday!!! Warning - long!!

For those of you following our puppy saga (our daughter did not know she was getting a puppy for her 7th birthday - we had been in deliberations for a year but hadn't told her we had decided the moon and stars had lined up and we were ready) - we got up on our daughter's birthday and said to her, "Daddy's friends, who he hasn't seen in a long time, called last night.* When they found out it was your birthday, they invited us up because they have a farm and they thought you would have fun looking around and petting all the animals."* She looked at me and said, "Mom, I do not want to go to a farm on my birthday." - in a very winey voice.* After she protested a few more times, I said, "Look, if it's not fun, I promise we will leave - but this is a good way to spend the day and then we'll go to Grandma & Papa's for your party.* So off we went on our hour drive (my parents went with us).* The breeders landscaping is just beautiful, so when we got there I told Emma I wanted to video tape her yard.* You can hear Emma on the video saying, "I really like her house too."* I introduced Emma to the breeder, turned the camera on her face and said, "Mrs. Smith does not have a farm like Mommy said.* She has puppies here."* Emma looks at me as if she is trying to digest what I have said.* I continue, "We are here to see YOUR puppy."* She still looks a little unsure, a slight angelic smile is just starting...I say, "You did want a puppy, didn't you?"* With the sweetest look on her face, she grabs my free arm (the other one was operating the video camera) and buried her head into it - with tears in her eyes.* *I heard my mom say, "Now I'm going to start crying!"
    The puppies were just as cute as can be.* She had seven in the pen plus one left from a litter that had been born two weeks earlier (boy, do they grow fast!).* Emma got right in with them and of course all of them were all over her.* One of them kept crying and I heard Emma say, "Awww, he's crying for me."** On the way home I gave her the gift our SP sent to us and I read the card to her.* Our SP sent us the most adorable, soft stuffed yellow lab puppy.* Well, Emma has not put that down.* You will notice in the last picture (I'm posting a link to some of the pictures from yesterday) she is holding the stuffed puppy.* She slept with it, took it this morning, at 5:30 am, when we left the house because her dad was competing in a triathlon - and still has it glued to her!

When we finally got home this evening, after two full days of running, she says, "Come on mom, we have to get the house ready for the puppy to come home!"* Well, I could fall over I'm so tired.* I told her she would just have to wait until tomorrow and I promised we would spend the week getting ready.* It's so fun being able to share the excitement with you all.* Here's the link:* www.dcefamily.shutterfly.com* *
    I'm not sure why the puppy looks so big in Emma's arms as opposed to running around.* All day I've been wondering if she picked up the one that was two weeks older by mistake.* Is it possible it was the angle of my camera that made the puppy look so much bigger than they do when they're running around and playing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Visited the puppies yesterday!!! Warning - long!!

Oh thank you for sharing those pictures. Those are some ADORABLE puppies! I am partial to yellows! Soooo cute! It sounds like you picked just the right time to get Emma her puppy!

zgirls is offline Senior Member

DEBRA!!!!!!* Is that Spice of Life ?* Our Zeb is from Spice of Life in Augusta County, Virginia!* The doorway and porch look just like the one oat Spice of Life!* Zeb is a yellow lab out of Lacey and Jazz.* He is now 2 1/2 years old.

No went and checked past posts....I think you said upstate New York......but gosh that farm looks just like the one we got our Zeb from......amazing......

Those puppies are so cute!* I can't wait to see more pictures!

Lee
    Lee
    Mother of Zoe Mae and Zeb AKA The Mess Pot

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

SUCH CUTE PUPPIES!!!
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Oh they are sooooo smoochable :-* :-* :-*

georgie is offline Senior Member

Very cute puppies. Your daughter is beautiful. She will have so much fun growing up with a lab.

Oh, they are so cute! What a great way to surprise Emma! That's the best birthday present!

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Thanks for sharing the pics Deb! I am so glad you were finally able to go see your puppy!! ;D
    Happy Belated Birthday Emma!!
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Oh my gosh Debra, they're soooooo cute! I'm so glad you posted pictures and an update. Emma looks thrilled, what a wonderful birthday for her!

Robin

How exciting for all of you!

Gorgeous puppies...I'm partial to yellows

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast