Ack!

Thread: Ack!

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultAck!

Sunday morning Wife announced we were going out for breakfast. Fine I said if we can take the kids for a walk after. Done She said. So off we went. Jack and BG were very excited to go for a ride. The morning was still cool enough to take them along to breakfast. I was able to park in the shade alongside the restaurant and Wife was able to get a table by the window overlooking the van.

Jack was not pleased to be left in the car. Shocked would be a better word. He barked all the time I entered the building and when he saw me sitting on the otherside of the glass barked a couple of times more just to be sure he had made his point. He then settled on the front passenger seat withis eye on the door to the restaurant, head on the window sill.

The waitress sees Jack says he is gorgeous and proceeds to tell us about the Labs in her life. Her Lab is seven and is dying of cancer. Her Mom has a field Lab female. Waitress went to the SPCA and wants to adopt a five year old yellow male but boyfriend says no the dog is too old. So her mom knows lots of breeders so they are going to get a male puppy and breed it to her mom's Lab. But what she really wants is a Labradoodle because they don't shed. I tell ya folks, that kid gives blonds a bad rep.

Wife is proud of me. My eyes bugged out but I did not hiss or froth at the mouth. I politely asked if any of these dogs were titled to which she replied my boy friend hunts with mom's dog. I change subjects you know, Labs have lots of genetic problems . Yes that's why boyfriend doesn't want to rescue the 5 year old. But she said most of the Labradoodles don't shed. Wife's hand came hard down on my hand and I remembered you never want to argue with a fool because anybody else would not be able to tell the difference. I shouldn't have left a tip.

Jack let me drive to the park and we had a nice walk. But I keep thinking about that Lab up at the SPCA.... He is probably better off at the moment where he is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Ack!

I agree. If she'd dump the BF I bet the dog would have a good home

georgie is offline Senior Member

You do have alot of control. I know I have bitten my tongue a few times. But you're right. You would never make her understand. Better to just keep quiet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

That was too hilarious - and sad at the same time. You have GREAT self control.

My daughter lives in Newport News. We lived in Yorktown - loved the area, hated the traffic on 17.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Good Wife. GOOOOOOD Wife.

Seamus and Flynn