Still hyper with people!!

Thread: Still hyper with people!!

DefaultStill hyper with people!!

My beautiful girl Mercedes will be 2 on sept 8th and a perfect dog in every way..but that one thing I have complained about since she was a pup..she spazzes out with visitors and people we come upon inthe street on our walks. I have tried everything that you guys told me to do, socializing, leashing her when company comes til she settles, crating, etc. Nothing is working. I thought for sure by now at close to 2 she would change. She just goes totally hyper and crazy when anyone approaches her and no matter what I do she ignores me totally. Only when I take her out of situatuion or the person leaves does she settle down. Then she is so worked up and panting llike she is going to pass out. Will she ever stop this? I wish Ceaser Milan would come to my house

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Still hyper with people!!

She sounds like a typical Lab if you ask me. One of my boys Joker is exactly the same...never met a stranger and acts as though everyone is his best friend. If we have guests around he will lap up the attention for hours. My other dogs say hello and ignore them after that. :

I'm not really sure what to suggest as you have tried most things. What about distracting her with a bone or something?

Tried giving her favorite marow bone that she only gets once in a while, so that it would be special...does not even look at it....just goes back to her crazys with the visitor!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I feel your pain - Rock was the same way (even jumping on everyone at the dog park). Then...he just stopped! I have no idea what it was but he is so much better.

Good luck!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Lizzie is the same.. :

wow ..feel a lot better now to know that Mercedes is not the only one that acts like this..How old is Rock/ when did he stop this behavior? It gives me a light at the end of the tunnel to hear this ;D.. I was beginning to think she was ADD or ADHD in dog form, she acts just like children who have that when she sees people.. also I for got to add..she does the same thing when she sees other dogs and they seem to be intimadated by her. My neighbors daughters dog never growls,b ut when they visit and Mercedes goes to the fence to play, the other dog growls. what is up with that??