A few questions about Max....please help

Thread: A few questions about Max....please help

DefaultA few questions about Max....please help

I think he has sit down already. Even though Bear is only 9 months I have forgotten what it was like to have an un-trained dog in the house. Anyway, a few questions for you guys. Yesterday while trying to get him to sit, I pushed on his back end and he yelped. By all means this was not enough to make him yelp, just enough to get it to him that I wanted him to sit. That was the last time I did that. This morning not eating. And while playing with Bear he let out a little whimper and then got away from Bear and just layed down. They are now back to playing again. I havent seen him limp or anything. But I did notice that when he would lay there, he make these sounds. Almost like a little cry but not change position. That leads me to believe he wasnt in pain laying there cause I would think that he would have moved. Gosh I hope nothing is wrong with him, I have a vet apt. Tues morning. That was the earliest that they could get me in. Any opinions or suggestions?
    BTW, could need a new thread, but Bear had diarrhea this morning. Do you think that could have anything to do with Max being sick if he is?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zgirls is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A few questions about Max....please help

here's hoping Bear will feel better soon.....let us know what the vet says about Max......
    Lee
    Mother of Zoe Mae and Zeb AKA The Mess Pot

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Maybe one of your fingers caught him in such a way that it was uncomfortable to him. Molly used to do that and there was never a thing wrong with her.

I hope that Bear is feeling better soon.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

It could be his hips. That would be my first thought. Let us know what the vet says.

Rachel,

I don't have any advice on Max. Could Bear's diarrhea been from all the playing and excitement? I know when Beau is playing hard or got very excited with playing with other puppers he will have a looser stool afterwards. If he's acting fine maybe try some pumpkin in his kong and see if that helps.

I hope Bear is feeling better soon. Please keep us posted on Max.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila
    Rachel, Could Bear's diarrhea been from all the playing and excitement?* I know when Beau is playing hard or got very excited with playing with other puppers he will have a looser stool afterwards.* If he's acting fine maybe try some pumpkin in his kong and see if that helps.
    This is what I was thinking. Brigetta gets loose stools when she has been playing with a new dog, gets really excited, or there is some sort of change in her environment. I like the pumpkin in the kong idea...I'll have to try it.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

RAchel - not sure about the yelping. I'm sure your vet will "feel" him out and will be able to manipulate a yelp again in order to locate the pain. As you know, they're so good as disguising their pain - no matter where or what. I wouldn't panic just yet.

As far as the diarrhea, that's pretty normal right now. Everytime I used to bring a foster home, they would have the runs for the first few days. It can be due to over excitement due to change of environment or even diet change. You should see that change by the end of the week.

He's so beautiful, Rachel - did he have a good night???
    Brenda from Connecticut

Dani is offline Senior Member

diarrhea is normal....it's due to transition and new surroundings. Also the not eating part is normal too...just pick up the bowl if he doesn't eat and move on. Things will settle down.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

If the dogs have been playing alot, maybe he pulled something.