ranger is going to puppy training at petsmart

Thread: ranger is going to puppy training at petsmart

gregeb is offline Junior Member

Defaultranger is going to puppy training at petsmart

ranger is starting puppy training on sunday. has anyone ever gone to these classes? ranger is 28 lbs at 14 weeks old

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: ranger is going to puppy training at petsmart

Welcome Ranger! I love the name. Yes, I've had my dogs go to puppy kindergarten but not a Petsmart, they went to a local class. Great way to get acquainted with your puppy outside of the home and have them interact with other puppies.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

We did Petsmart classes when we first got Scotty. It was ok. I got interested in doing obedience competition, and Petsmart was not sufficient for that at all. You might try to google and see if there is a training club close to you. I think training clubs usually have more skilled instructors but the price is about the same as Petsmart. Either way, most of the work is done by you in your home and not in class. It's a lot of fun though, especially whey you see the light bulb to go off.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We just did PetSmart kindergarten classes and I would recommend that you sit in on different classes. There are usually multiple instructors with varying levels of experience; some are brand new and have no real training experience. You can really tell the difference by just visiting the store during training times and watching the classes for a few minutes. The socialization was good there and everyone loves Lexie at the store, so she gets a lot of attention and the workers tend to practice things with her, but the class we took was just ok. I was unhappy overall with the training so I concurrently enrolled in another school which we are much happier with.

We're going to take our next classes through our local training club, I've gotten the name of a good instructor from several people at our local dog park. We're also going to look at classes at ARF as they have a great reputation in our area.

Robin

We have done all of Emma's training at Petsmart and we love our instructor.* I think that is the key.* Find the best instructor, their classes usually fill up first and stick With them. Emma loves Melanie and we are currently working on getting her CGC.

The first class we went to was at petco.* The instructor blew off the first class and during the second class explained that she would not be there for the next two weeks.* We asked for our money back and went to Petsmart instead.* If you don't feel comfortable with the instructor just get your money back and try someone else... they give back full refunds after the first class.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

We have done training at Petsmart and it really was a good class. Our instructor was excellent. Boo starts class next week. : Good luck and let me know how it goes for you.

georgie is offline Senior Member

We had Molly at Petsmart for puppy, basic & advanced obedience. Like the others said...it is all in the instructor. The socialization was wonderful for her & we enjoyed the classes.
    We took a CGC class through a training club when Molly got her CGC.
    Enjoy your new puppy.

Katy Guest

Thats great! I bet you'll have a lot of fun.