Gage...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gage...

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultGage...

We have accepted a new boy into our rescue; however, we won't be getting him into a foster home for another couple of weeks.

Gage is a 1 year old small black lab mix boy that was brought into my vet's office on Thursday. The owner wanted to have the dog PTS because he had a broken leg...from being hit by a car the night before. Didn't bother to bring him in until the next morning though.

My vet will not put down an otherwise healthy young dog if she can help it. She called me and said that they had given my number to the guy and that she was giving me a heads up. He paid for his treatment up to that point but when they told him how much time it would take for him to heal and the amount of money, he said no...put the dog down. Well...I talked to him and he is a guy that never brings his dogs to the vets, and doesn't alter them either...a real piece of work.

I agreed to take him on...but he is on heavy antibiotics right now because of the delay in treatment. He will be in the hospital for at least 2 weeks, if not a little longer than that. My vet said he's a great boy and get's along with the other "criters" at the office..even with his leg all hanging and stuff.

She said she's confident that he'll have a full recovery. They are neutering him and setting his leg in the next couple of days...then on crate rest and then he'll come to us when he's able to have a little more mobility...once he's good enough to have the pin removed he'll be eligible for adoption.

*sigh* I can't say no to my vet...they are so wonderful there. The cost for his care? $200. Let me tell you it's not what they quoted him...no where near it. No problem. We can charge that back as his adoption fee.

So...if you could say some prayers for little Gage in that he will make it through the surgery, that would be incredible. I'll get pictures when I can.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Gage...

Prayers and healing thoughts for Gage

Poor Guy. My Cinder broke her leg when she was a baby and I can't imagine not bringing her in. She was so brave but her eyes were so sad. Thank God Gage will have someone to look after him until he can find his forever home. Good Work.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dixies Mom is offline Senior Member

Poor Gage. Bless you for helping. I just don't understand how people can be so nonchalant about a life. I am sure that in time Gage will find a home with people who will give him the love he deserves.

Lots of prayers for Gage. Poor guy, I hope he gets on the mend soon and get the forever home he really deserves. Too bad people like that cannot be banned from ever owning a dog again.

pj

prayers and good thoughts going out to gage!

thanks for helping him dani!

Thanks Dani,
    Hope the previous owner gets hit by a car.
    Olie

Thank God that ijit brought the pup to your vet. Bless you.

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

sending good thoughts and prayers!

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Crash broke his leg as a baby too. Thank GOODNESS the vet's was open, but you know, back then I'm not even sure there was an emergency clinic.

Well at any rate, he sounds like a real little sweetheart. I am so glad she called you! Thank you for taking him in. I am looking forward to seeing his pictures!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast