Don't know what to make of this....

Thread: Don't know what to make of this....

Kathryn Guest

DefaultDon't know what to make of this....

Maggie has been needing LOTS of attention the last few days. She will come to the computer and get her nose under my arm and PUSH up so my hand comes off the computer or desk. Thats not strange for her to do every now and again. She has been doing it EVERY time I come to the computer for the last like 3 days.
    I was making Kaden lunch today and she was laying in the door way with Kaden sitting beside her and I looked over at her and she looks sad..
    This morning she felt like she needed some love and tried to come up on the loveseat to sit with me and Dakota wouldn't let her. So I did put Dakota in her crate so we could have some one on one time together. After that she was just intrested in treats. I gave her a few and then she didn't want to be loved on. she just wanted treats (no shocker there). So I let Dakota out and the day went on.
    Today is Friday that means moms nurse comes over to give her a shot for her MS. Her nurse has seen both Copper and Dakota but never Maggie. So she asked if she could see her. I went and got her out of the bedroom. I keep her in there when people are here because she is a true barker. Even if I left her out she would end up going to the bedroom to be near her crate.
    So I put her leash on her and took her to the livingroom and guess what!!!!! She barked a little but NOTHING like we go through when other people are at the house. She did go a little crazy when Launa talked to her but what dog wouldn't get excited or in Maggie's case start barking. Our trainer explained its because she doesn't want people to close to me.
    Now this afternoon she wants me to hold her and just looks sad.

Its been just a little over 7 months her mommy has been gone and 3 months to the day since her big sister has been gone.
    Could she still be missing her mom and sister?
    I don't know what to do for her and it breaks my heart to see her sad..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Don't know what to make of this....

I would say no, not after this much time. Dogs live in the moment and she has joined your pack. It sounds like she is a little needy and when she solicits attention she gets it, or should I say demands it. The fact that she she can get the response that she wants when she wants it tells her that she is moving up in the social order of the pack.
    Olie

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Maybe she is just having one of those weeks. I know sometimes Rush would like to climb under my skin to get closer to me and other times she is just her usual cuddle bug self which is very affectionate anyway. :-\

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

after writting this I was in the livingroom and looking around at everything that has exploded all over my livingroom form Kaden and the dogs and thinking I needed to pick it all up. Then got to thinking we got rid of an over sized chair a few weeks ago. She would come and sit IN my lap and sleep there for hours at a time. If I was gone she would be IN my chair. I wonder if thats what she is missing?
    Its just not like her to be like this. Onces she gets some love she is done and will go about her day.
    I have another chair just like it in out craft room the dogs never can be in. We might move it to the livingroom and see if that works..

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LabMommyKathryn
    after writting this I was in the livingroom and looking around at everything that has exploded all over my livingroom form Kaden and the dogs and thinking I needed to pick it all up. Then got to thinking we got rid of an over sized chair a few weeks ago. She would come and sit IN my lap and sleep there for hours at a time. If I was gone she would be IN my chair. I wonder if thats what she is missing?
    Its just not like her to be like this. Onces she gets some love she is done and will go about her day.
    I have another chair just like it in out craft room the dogs never can be in. We might move it to the livingroom and see if that works..
    I think that might be it!!! I know when Emma can't get up in her couch, (when something is in her way....) she gets pretty much the same as you describe Maggie. Good luck with the replacement chair!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emma the Lab
    I think that might be it!!! I know when Emma can't get up in her couch, (when something is in her way....) she gets pretty much the same as you describe Maggie. Good luck with the replacement chair!
    I think the other chair will work fine. Just have to find a way to get it our of the other room by myself. Being 5'3 and trying to move an over sized chair isn't easy lol. I hope to have it back in the livingroom tonight or tomorrow morning. It used to be in the livingroom till we added the fish tank and then we had to get rid of one chair. It was the one we used but it was closer to the door so its the one that went lol.

I hope it fixes what ever is troubling her!

That could definitely be a factor. Dogs hate change, they like everything to remain as it is.
    Olie

Kathryn Guest

That chair is going to be more work that I thought. Might have to wait for my brother to come home tomorrow.....