Dryer Sheets

Thread: Dryer Sheets

DefaultDryer Sheets

Anyone's dog ever chewed on a dryer sheet?? I just found a dryer sheet wet from being chewed on! It doesn't look like she ate any of it but are there any chemicals or anything on them that may make dogs sick??? I have to go back to work and am worried she may get sick this afternoon from it??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Dryer Sheets

There was someone here a few years ago who had a Lab swallow a dryer sheet and it was pooped out in one piece! We joked about the pup having a fragrant butt! LOL

Thanks - A fresh bumm I can deal with!! ;D Hopefully that means that there are not any harmful for dogs chemicals on them then!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ok, here is the info on Bounce dryer sheets from the NIH database:

From MSDS
    Inhalation: None given Eye Contact: Mild eye irritant. Instillation into the eye may result in transient superficial effects similar to those produced by mild toilet soap. Skin Contact: Mild skin irritant. Prolonged skin contact may result in transient superficial effects similar to those produced by mild toilet soap. Ingestion: Oral ingestion may result in mild gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Ingestion of used or unused sheet by a young child or household pet may lead to impaction of the gastrointestinal tract. A physician or veterinarian should be contacted. Medical Conditions Generally Aggravated by Exposure: None known.

This is a good link to have. You can do a search on every household chemical sold in the US.

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/index.htm

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I have to watch Rush with dryer sheets, she doesn't want to chew on them but loves to rub on them. She will put it on the floor and practially rub it into the carpet. She also loves to rub on wet clothes that I set on the dryer lid(before I push them into the dryer) but only does it when I use Downey. She smells so freshhhhhhh ;D

I have to quickly get the dryer sheets. Trooper actually searches through the pile of clothes for it. One time I had it in my pocket and he pick-pocketed me and went running. He is a sneaky boy.