question about spaying

Thread: question about spaying

Defaultquestion about spaying

Lucy was suppose to go this morning to get spayed. Unfortunately car difficulties prevented us from making the appointment. They can reschedule for August 21st, but we are moving that weekend and I'm afraid that might be too much for her. Any ideas on how long I should wait? I want her comfortable in her new home before she has surgery.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: question about spaying

Actually, the move might be good timing. You'll need her out from under your feet and she'll need rest...both equal crate

I would let her have some time in the new house and let her get used to it before the surgery. It isn't a major surgery but that probably would be confusing for her to come right home to a new house. Personally I would wait till you are settled in to your new home. Congratulations too, I just moved as well and it is so exciting! Good luck with the move and your pup!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

I would go ahead and do it. When Maggie was spayed she was so out of it for 2 days it didnt bother her at all that strange people were coming in the house, she hates for anyone but my family to come in the house.
    We did use the crate a lot so she would rest.
    Good luck!

How old is Lucy? I have always liked to spay my female dogs at around 5 months....I think the older a dog is the more they charge for the surgery, because I think it goes by weight as far as what they charge....
    The females are sort of out of it for a day or so....so she will be willing to sleep, out of the way while you move!
    Good luck!
    Debbie

Thanks for you help.

After talking to my vet I'm going to go ahead and have the surgery the week after we move in. He said he thought she would be just fine. She isn't a real nervous pup and it might be comforting to her to be in her crate and get settled into the new house. I really like this vet. He LOVES labs and has had them all his life, so I feel confident in his advice.

Thanks again-