We have found a live-in dog sitter!!

Thread: We have found a live-in dog sitter!!

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe have found a live-in dog sitter!!

Many of the new teachers I train come from out-of-town and are here without family, so we sort of become family and always keep in touch, even after I am no longer working with them. Most have been at our home for a BBQ or a holiday, I was able to watch their interactions with my dogs during their visits.

One of them has been over many times and has actually asked to come by just because he enjoys the dogs! His first doggy sitting job here will be the day of my son's wedding! He's been here a few times just to learn the "feeding" and lettting out routine, and has even groomed them!! He's offered to stay whenever we need since we now have an extra bedroom.b

These young men and women from out of town often live 3 or 4 to a small apartment since it's all they can afford. I think that he enjoys the peace and quiet when he comes here!! You can just imagine how thrilled I am about this.

I know he doesn't have a microwave and that he would love one he didn't have to share with his roomies, so we're going to get him a small one for his bedroom as a thank you gift!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: We have found a live-in dog sitter!!

You're so lucky! I would love a live-in dog sitter for when I was at work or just out for the evening!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

amazongold is offline Senior Member

How wonderful for you - and for him! That's a terrific arrangement, works out well for you both. The microwave is a really good idea, too.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thats really most ideal!! I recently went away for two overnights and had a friend stay at my home to look over my 8 month old. I honestly think allowing for the consistancy and the formiliar surroundings helped. I did pay my friend, rather I should say, I insisted on her taking my money!! But your token of the appreciation with the gift of something you know he needs and would like is very nice!!

Best,

Izzy's Mom

Wow, how cool!