Leaving the dogs for 2 weeks

Thread: Leaving the dogs for 2 weeks

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultLeaving the dogs for 2 weeks

It is so hard going on vacation. I really look forward to being away and spending time with my family, but I just hate leaving the dogs. I wish they could come too!, but across country is just too far. We leave really early Sunday morning so I'll be dropping the dogs off on Saturday. I know Sky will have a great time - she so loves to play. It is Moose that I always wonder about. He plays, but nothing like Sky likes to. He really gets his exercise from walks, but he does love to run when he has the room, and they have the room. I know I'm worrying and I don't need to, I'm just already missing them and we haven't even gone yet!
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

boonesmom Guest

DefaultRe: Leaving the dogs for 2 weeks

i know how you feel-we left boone for 9 days and it absolutely killed me. he was in a kennel and had a great time but i was glad to get home. i don't feel this bad when i leave my boys at home !!!

have a great trip and don't worry too much about the pups---they will be fine.

you know i know how you feel! i left jackson and bear for 10 days just last week. i was so sad when i dropped them off. they had so much fun that they've been sleeping most of the days since they've gotten home. as i think of it, they're on vacation too!! have so much fun on your vacation!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

I know how you feel, whenever we are away, within 48 hours we're already crazed and want to go home.

emccase is offline Senior Member

I'm in the same boat. We leave on Thursday only thru Monday but it still kills me to leave McKenzie. She's 5months and I've never been away from her over night. I guilted myself into buying half the toys at PETCO for her stay at the kennel. LOL ; : We'll be fine, just our instinct to worry about our babies.

Mckenzie the lab and Maddie the Mastiff wanna be.

I understand just what your saying!! I left my 8 month old "Izzy" this past Sunday (early a.m.) till Tuesday evening for the first time...and found myself wondering if she was okay, will she be getting her special mixings included in her food...and what about her bedtime toy vs. the daytime toy...ect~ect. Trust me, your pups will be just fine!! Izzy was great. I didn't opt for the cannel though, I had a friend come and stay at the house with her to keep things as much normal as possible...it costed me ($$) but I feel it was worth it. We'll be doing this again at the end of this month...I think its good for both of us!!