It works, Cesar Milan's Collar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It works, Cesar Milan's Collar

DefaultIt works, Cesar Milan's Collar

My maniac who pulls like a Budweiser Clydesdale walked nicely for a 1/2 mile with a slack leash.

http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/abouticollar.php

We went out the the garage and normally I would have been hanging on for dear life. Trying to get her to heel was a real job that yes I worked at but nothing not even a sensation harness stopped entirely.* I have never been able to get a prong collar to fit properly so I cannot say if that would have resolved the problem or not.

With this I put her in the heel position and off we went. Snapped the nylon choke collar that the leash is attached to 2 or 3 times told her no when she tried to pull and she started to walk next to me.* She walks faster than I do but a quick snap put her back into position and after a few times that was no longer necessary.* We even had a dog barking across the street and all she did was turn her head did not break stride.

Now granted tonight she is tired as Cierra was here all day and they played hard but still she would have done her best to pull me along.* We didn't walk any futher because the pavement is still hot here as it has been around 100 but the sun was down for a half hour and I wanted to try the collar so we walked to the end of the block and back.

I will try it this weekend on a long walk first thing in the morning and post how she does.

Though after putting it on her I would order the largest size if anyone else is interested.* The way it slides on and does up it would be easy to adjust until any 6 month old or older lab grows to full size.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: It works, Cesar Milan's Collar

OMG! It looks like he ripped off our old trainer! How does his collar differ from this one?

http://www.mistypinesdogpark.com/scruffy.html

With his you slip a black nylon choke style collar over the head and the two buckle collars are just for keeping the choke style collar in the correct position.

You attach the leash to the black collars rings. There are no attachment rings on the regular colored collar.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh.

<Emily Litella>"Never mind."</Emily Litella>

That looks like a great walking collar; I think I would feel more comfortable using one of those over a prong, but that's just me. I'm really glad that it's working for you and thanks for posting the info here.

The two collars do look the same. ??? Nathan have you used the Misty collar?

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Hey now Nathan - how do you know Cesar did the "ripping" off ?? Maybe your trainer ripped off Cesar!

(*snicker, snicker*)
    Brenda from Connecticut

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyLabsMom
    Hey now Nathan - how do you know Cesar did the "ripping" off ??* Maybe your trainer ripped off Cesar!

(*snicker, snicker*)
    the 2 collars seem remarkably similiar in design and function to me.

i did some google searching for "Scruffy Guider" collars, and i found several web pages going back in time, one dating as far back as Nov 1999, and that was only after a couple of minutes of googling.* i'm not sure if "ripping" off was too strong of a term to compare Cesar's collars, but i doubt there was any mal intent in sharing this information with the forum.* besides, the Scruffy Guider is way more affordable and has a proven track record over the years, so if i were in the market for such a collar, i think i'd rather purchase the Scruffy Guider.* thanks for the info, nathan.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

kaytris is offline Senior Member

He recommends keeping the choke/slip collar up around the ears, right? and you put the slip collar between the two nylon collars - how does that keep it up behind the ears?

It seems to me a fairly expensive way to maintain collar position - I really had no problem keeping the training collar where it was supposed to be, when I used to use one.

I'm sorry for hijacking the thread. They do seem to be different, and I totally retract my previous statement and hereby request that it be stricken from the record. Jeff's Scruffy Guider is a double-martingale. I tried it on Theo with no effect. It seems to work best on Dobes, pointers, and other dogs who are strong and drivey but have somewhat more sensitive necks than Labs.

Re: Cesar's collar, if it works, great! But like kaytris I'm a little unclear on why you'd need it to keep the training collar in place? If the dog is forging, then the collar will slip down (and damage his windpipe, too), but the dog's not supposed to be forging in the first place, right?

Lets see if this pictures shows it differently.* The black nylon choke collars is positioned under the ears.

The 2 colored webed collars with the stays between them suppot the black collar and keep it in placed.* The black collar is not between the colored collars.* .* *

My father walked her for about a mile this morning and said she walked nicely afte the first couple corrections.* It has been months since he has been able to walk her as she was hurting his shoulder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast