HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Springtown, TX
    Posts
    1,660

    DefaultHELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

    I need to make him throw up- what do I give him, and how much?

    It's a small (about the size of a golf ball) latex squeak toy. It was Bob's, and before I could get it away from him it was gone!

    PLEASE, HELP!!!

    Lucy
    Home of:

    Forrest CGC- Lab 2001-2011
    Poopy-Toby-JRT 2004-
    Finn- Lab/Aussie- 2011-
    And 30-some Miniature Horses...

    www.fieldofdreamsminihorses.com


    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his leader, his love. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Unknown


  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    12,928

    DefaultRe: HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

    It's hydrogen peroxide, but I'm not sure how much. I've heard raian say she gave it with a water bottle and mixed with water. Good luck; please keep us posted.

  4. #3
    Tatyana is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,503

    DefaultRe: HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

    I thought once that Scotty swallowed something he was not supposed to. I called our vet, and he told DO NOT MAKE HIM THROW UP. The reason was the the object can get lodged in the throat and cause the dog to suffocate. I would suggest you call your vet before doing any thing and see what they say. Hopefully, it will pass on its own.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    12,928

    DefaultRe: HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

    Good point!! Also, did he chew on it? If it's chewed, it will probably pass okay. And latex is pretty flexible.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Springtown, TX
    Posts
    1,660

    DefaultRe: HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

    No, he didn't chew it. Just down the hatch.
    Home of:

    Forrest CGC- Lab 2001-2011
    Poopy-Toby-JRT 2004-
    Finn- Lab/Aussie- 2011-
    And 30-some Miniature Horses...

    www.fieldofdreamsminihorses.com


    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his leader, his love. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Unknown


  8. #6
    AngusFangus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,586

    DefaultRe: HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

    Oh no!

    I agree, do not induce vomiting. If you have an emergency vet you can go to, sometimes if it hasn't been too long (?) they can retrieve it with an endoscope.


    Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

    Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

  9. #7
    georgie's Avatar
    georgie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    22,832

    DefaultRe: HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

    I would check with the emergency vet to see if it is okay to induce vomiting. Hydrogen peroxide is what you use but like the others said...it could cause problems coming back up.

  10. #8
    Buckyball's Avatar
    Buckyball is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,364

    DefaultRe: HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

    ok recent experience with lodged things...DO NOT INDUCE VOMITTING in this case. It could get stuck on the way up and that is much much more dangerous. I suggest taking him to the emergency vet ASAP! They will be able to help you figure out if it will pass on it's own or remove it for you in a safe way.

    Good luck! PLEASE keep us posted!
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

  11. #9
    Di
    Di is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    21,715

    DefaultRe: HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

    Don't do it in this case, but FYI it's hydrogen peroxide and water1/2 to 1/2. Had to do this once when one of our dogs got into chocolate. But make sure they are outside or in the garage, it work's well but makes quite a foamy mess. Good luck with the chew toy. Sammi and I send good thought's your way.

  12. #10
    zgirls is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,132

    DefaultRe: HELP!!! Forrest swallowed a squeaky toy!!

    How is he? I am with the others......call the vet....having had countless emergencies with the Mess Pot, I have learned from experience.....call the vet .........
    Lee
    Mother of Zoe Mae and Zeb AKA The Mess Pot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25