Just Labradors banner

Rylie

431 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RebaHalle 
#1 ·
The golden retriever pup that I am fostering at home is awesome... I have had him for three weeks and now he is finally giving kisses and wants you to pet him all the time... He is sooo sweet. Wish i could keep him but i know he will go to a great home thru the rescue....

He has learned so much so fast... He knows when we go outside and i tell him to go potty he runs off and does his buisness. He goes right to the back door with the big dogs and everything... Havent had an accident in the house in 2 weeks.. although i do take them out about every 2 to three hours when we are up.

We are working on sit and walking on a leash... both of which he does well just not everytime...lol.... You should see him at meal times... He sees me coming with the dog food bowls and he used to go straight for the first one i put down which is Casey's but he now knows to wait on me to put his down.....lol.. hes pretty funny.. instead of just wagging his tail his whole butt shakes and he jumps up and down... and then all his food is gone in about 2 mins... He was 28lbs when i first got him and now when i get on the scale with him he is about 40... still can feel his hip bones and ribs but hes getting there...

about 2 nights ago when i said ok guys time for bed he went in his crate on his own and laid down. Usually i have to either pick him up or put a leash on him. I didnt really get a good chance to crate train him since he came in unexpectantly but after the first night of whinning and barking (for about a min or so... was fine once i turned the bathroom light on) he has slept in the crate no complaints and honestly i think part of it is so he can get away from Coal. After playing all day they are both worn out.

And Coal has calmed down too... I think bringing this dog in was great for him. He is getting a lot of excercise and is really getting along with the pup better. I was afraid at first i did this horrible thing but they are getting along a lot better and if Coal misbehaves too much Casey (my english setter) barks at him and he stops...

sorry for the ramble i was just so impressed with how much progress this little guy has made in the last 3 weeks. hes is getting fixed on Thursday and hopefully not long after that will find a forever home...

I know i should ask the rescue but is there anything else i should be working on with him to help him adjust to a new home???

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.