Vet Question

Thread: Vet Question

DefaultVet Question

I am in the process of moving across town away from my vet of 10+ years. :'( I will be about an hour to an hour and half away. :'( This was the main and only reason I didn't want to move. I will continue to go to my regular vet for regular or non-urgent care but I obviously want to find a vet close by for urgent and emergency care. I had one reccomended by an in-law and made an appointment to meet the vet to interview her. I just wanted to talk to her and learn what her philosophies were and if she would take after hour emergencies, which is a very important aspect to a vet, in my opinion. I told the receptionist I was not bringing the dogs I just wanted to talk to the vet and meet her. While I was gone today the clinic called back and left a message that the visit to meet the vet would be $44. Now I admit I am spoiled by my vet out in BFE but I was shocked!!!! Am I too spoiled by my regular vet or am I right to be offended to charged to meet the vet and be charged to talk to her. I know I am taking up appointment time which could be used for another client but I think $44 in this area is a bit excessive for an office visit especially since it is an interview to see if she is (excuse the phrase but frankly it is accurate) WORTHY of treating my dogs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Vet Question

I understand what you are feeling. Most vets will let you that you will get that "consultation fee" back with the first vet visit. You should ask, otherwise I would keep looking anyway. Any vet that would ask you to pay them just to ask a few questions seems $ hungry to me. My vet will call me on his day off if need be and I have called some emergency vets middle of the night with no questions asked or $ asked for. Good Luck. Let us know what happens.

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

I'd keep looking if I were you. If a vet wants to charge you $44.00 for a "meet and greet" I can't imagine what the charges are going to be for actual care of your dog.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

44$ for a consultation ??? Keep looking I think...yes a vet's time is money but most will give you a short interview at least for free or offer to deduct the price of it off the first visit.