We've created a monster....

Thread: We've created a monster....

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe've created a monster....

We found something that Willy enjoys and that he's good at. He loves the tennis ball. Will retrieve non--stop...finally got him to drop it so you can pick it up and throw it again. Well now, he loves to go and drop the tennis ball in the pool and make you fetch it out first. :

I love that he loves to fetch...I am concerned that he won't stop and take a drink of water while he's doing it.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mia&Buddy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: We've created a monster....

Good for Willy! Buddy is the same way. He would rather fetch than anything else. We have to hide his tennis ball to end the game. He would fetch until he dropped dead if we would let him.

I have a dog that is obsessed with what we call little men. (pics attached) She is crazy right till bedtime and as soon as we wake up. Fortunately she does go fetch her own little men out of the pool. They will know when they need water and drink it when necessary, trust me. Just make sure you have a fresh bowl full outside when he is playing. As far as the fetching it out of the pool....Got a Net! They are so much fun when they have something they love so much. Enjoy it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

Love the cuz (little men)...we do keep a bucket of fresh water on the deck...because Rider swallows a ton of pool water when he's fetching his duck....but Willy...I am afraid of him over heating himself because he won't take a break. If I even go towards the kitchen to get a drink or something...he's prancing around the back door hoping to go out and play with the ball. It's nuts.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Samson is offline Senior Member

That is so true

We have a 4 foot wide Hawthorn hedge at the field with a 75cm ( 2" 6" ) sheep wire tied to the base of the bushes to stop the dogs from wandering through.

Most of the time, it works fine, but when Murphy's ball went through the hedge, he followed it without a pause.

He would jump off a cliff if the ball was going over.

SandieF Guest

Funny isn't it? Frodo isn't much of a retriever, he will go get a ball a couple times then he will start looking at you like 'you threw it, YOU go get it. I've never had a dog that would retrieve...till Shelby. You can't sit outside at all without her dropping a ball in your lap. So you end up throwing it from your chair where you are sitting, only to have her come back 30 seconds later and she drops it in your lap again. She's a ball monster for sure.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Good for you Willy. i am glad he is having fun.